Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the list of things that Christy has signed up to handle. Any of the items listed below should be discussed in this thread....

T-Shirts
Graphics for Website
Graphics for avatars, sigs, banner ads, etc.
Drag Races co-coordinator

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
Lori- You said you contacted the t-shirt place and are allowed as many colors for the same price. Is that through the same shirt place as last year? If not, who are you wanting to use this year. Thoughts on colors of the shirts?

The website graphics: are you wanting a website re-vamp?

The logo: are we wanting to keep with a similar design and change the parameters a little? (obviously the state of Michigan has to go!) A little structure could be nice instead of an all out redo yearly.

A sig banner/avatar: easy once a logo is in place.

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lori- You said you contacted the t-shirt place and are allowed as many colors for the same price. Is that through the same shirt place as last year? If not, who are you wanting to use this year. Thoughts on colors of the shirts?

The website graphics: are you wanting a website re-vamp?

The logo: are we wanting to keep with a similar design and change the parameters a little? (obviously the state of Michigan has to go!) A little structure could be nice instead of an all out redo yearly.

A sig banner/avatar: easy once a logo is in place.
I think I wasn't clear. I contacted the t-shirt place. We can get a couple different colors of shirts for the same price. Not print colors. I got a good price for 8-color front and back, though. As for thoughts on colors of shirts... Ash, white, pink, and gray? Just thoughts...

Website graphics: I think we should update it, but not necessarily redo the whole thing. I'll leave that to you. Whatever we do, the registration is scheduled to begin December 1. And we NEED to stick to that. Can you work it out by then?

Logo... Oh boy. This is tough. Here's the problem: We don't have a title sponsor yet. I sent Matt a PM today reminding him that his right of refusal is up at 12:01am next Thursday morning. We'll see what happens... Without a title sponsor, we can't do much. I agree about keeping the structure, though. And yes, obviously the state of Michigan kinda needs to go. Can we incorporate the state of Tennessee?

Peggy was attempting to get people to design the t-shirts... Any word on that? We need to get busy so we can promote a slogan. It would be nice to have that on the website for registration.

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
Here's the deal on the website "graphics" part; the website was created around the red 99 vr4. If I change the colors or the layout or the car, the entire site goes. I'm not very good with intricate websites (www.southeasttrackday.com is my local drag race website and it's VERY basic). The NG website was the most intricate by far and took a lot of time to do. Changing things like the best all around 3/S to Jay is obviously needed, but those small content changes are very easy to do. What do you think about just updating the content and leaving the "website...."

T-shirt place: were you wanting to use the rushordertees.com place again?

Logo: of course integrating Tennessee into the logo would be prime and can def be done. I can start with ideas on a logo where the title sponsor logo can be added in later. Much like the logo this year, the DR logo was placed in after the logo was designed. I can keep with the same font from this year or we can start fresh with a font we like to keep some structure, etc.

The animated avatars and banners will come after the logo.

T-shirt design: a contest is good. Other input is good. Multiple choices is good. Simple ideas can combine to make the final. Whichever way you want to do that part is fine by me. Is that something you want Peggy to do? Or both of us? Or whatever ..

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My portion of the questions... :) First, go for it with the website. We certainly can't ask for more than you can do or feel comfortable doing. Just remember that our deadline is December 1. I'd REALLY prefer to have it done by Thanksgiving, just so we're not running up to the last minute.

As for the t-shirts... Yes, I think so. They gave us a good price, free shipping, and we can use multiple t-shirt colors if we want and no extra charge. For example, having 100 white, 100 ash, 100 beige would be no more than 300 white. I really like that. People have never had a t-shirt color choice before. I think it's nice to offer it.

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
I've been working up a few ideas ... I have no huge T-day plans so I hope to use that time (since I'm off of work and I can't work on this at work as opposed to last year) to polish and clean up the ideas I've been drawing and thinking of at work (haha).

As for the website, Alan ... can you link me to the files so that I can play/edit them in Dreamweaver a tad ... add new info ... etc? I don't have the last files I sent you last year anymore.

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Christy, have you noticed the thread in the national section that is suggestion for the NG committee on t-shirts? It has a suggestion for the logo and the back of the t-shirt that are INCREDIBLY impressive! Please check them out and let me know what you think.

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
I love it. I have been talking to Foxy about the fonts from last years' logo and then I was directed to the thread with what happens when a member gets "bored." I *love* it! I think we could utilize both logos since they go hand in hand fabulously. I sent an email asking for the Illustrator files (after a date chage, I think I saw you say something about that). And I adore the idea of improvising on the song lyric to make the slogan Memphis-y.

Assuming you agree (and I think you do from your post in that thread), I can go ahead and use that on the website and make a banner/avatar with it so that we can have an official sig banner/avatar.

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Christy... How are things going with the website? Can we be up and running by the end of the weekend?

My goal is still to start registration on December 1, but I won't announce it until the website is done and the registration system is set up for it (that part is on me).

Please keep me posted on progress... I'm excited to get this ball rolling!

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
Sorry, I got Alan's email but never replied here. I sent you an email this am with the final (minus the info I requested from ya) website design. Once the info is filled in I can send Alan all the files and art. :bigok:

www.georgia3s.com/NG08

· Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No need to apologize. We just need everyone to rely on this area for communication so that everyone is included. I already responded to your email and will send you more later tonight. Christy, it looks GREAT!

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
Ok I added info, changed the font size, shifted things around, and .php'ed the proper pages. Tell me what other changes you want made. I didn't make Mobo his own page on the website, but I did link him at the top of the main page. Is this what you want or do you want him to have his own page???

Let me know any other info and/or changes!! I'll be online tomorrow from 8am - 230pm EST :)

http://www.georgia3s.com/NG08

· Banned
18,713 Posts
Looks nice.

Venue:
Change the race on text to
7:15 - 7:45 Registration and Check In

8:00 - 9:20 Classroom Session 1 (Tower)
A) Common Sense High Speed Driving
B) The Driver: Seat, Feet, Hands, Mirror, Attitude
C) Braking
D) Straight-aways
E) The Line / Cornering: Approach, Entrance, Exit

9:20 - 9:40 Pit Meeting
A) Pit Grid and Pit Road Tour
B) The Car: Brakes, Tires, Inspection

9:40 - 10:00 Hot Track Session 1 - Track Orientation
A) Marks, Cones, Flags, Pit Road, Track Entrance/Exit
B) Visual Training, Warm-Up Speed, Track Awareness

10:30 - 11:00 Classroom Session 2 (Tower)
A) Review The Line / Cornering: Approach, Entrance, Exit
B) Braking exercise

11:20 - 11:40 Hot Track Session 2
A) Braking exercise - straight line
B) Braking exercise - into corner

11:40 - 12:40 Lunch

12:45 - 1:30 Classroom Session 3 (Tower)
A) Traffic Awareness
B) Passing Drills
C) Signals

1:45 - 2:05 Hot Track Session 3

2:15- 2:45 Classroom Session 4 (Pit)
A) Instructor Rides
B) Check Rides

3:25 - 3:45 Hot Track Session 4
A) Instructor Rotation - Right Seat

4:00 - 4:40 Classroom Session 5
A) Open Session
B) Instructor Drive

5:05 - 5:25 Hot Track Session 5 Open session - instructors review
Sponsor page:
dejon is the autocross sponsor.
Tennessee 3S is an associate sponsor.

Register:
please link to 3snationalgathering.com/signup08

Looks great.

· stlth664 was here
10,111 Posts
Looks nice.

Venue:
Change the race on text to
done, but don't you think that text needs to go on the schedule page? None of the other "venue's" have the schedule posted. That's all on the schedule page. And that schedule is a first draft according to Lori. Just let me know..

Sponsor page:
dejon is the autocross sponsor.
Tennessee 3S is an associate sponsor.
oops on Dejon and TN3S was already up there. They just havn't decided on a logo yet for me to put up. The text was there already.

Register:
please link to 3snationalgathering.com/signup08

Looks great.
done!

· Banned
18,713 Posts
done, but don't you think that text needs to go on the schedule page? None of the other "venue's" have the schedule posted. That's all on the schedule page. And that schedule is a first draft according to Lori. Just let me know..
Good point.

The main issue I had with the text you had is it was not repsentitive of what were doing. You provided the basic layout that Race On provides and a link to their site. THis is a problem becasue their site does not give an indication that the training is in the drivers car. If you read their pages you'd get the feeling its in their cars or "nascar" type cars.
I think we need somethign with a basic detail that will show what were really offering. (OH Lori :D)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.