Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are hoping to get enough women interested in the racing events at the National Gathering 2003 this way they can still race and be in separate class for trophies for Woman only if they choose
How many are interested?

Nancy G.

·
I need more cars
2,360 Posts
I can only imagine the controversy if a guy had made this suggestion :D

I think ladies can be excellent racers and really don't need their own class...they typically have the weight advantage :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually this was a suggestion that we received and we thought we would pass this along to see what kinda response we would get instead of just making this call, if we do not receive many response then we will have trophies as lastyear. excetp only 1st- 3ed place
As there where several female drives that came out last year and did there best had fun and did not place. Hoping to get more this year.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually a guy did make this suggestiona s his wife woud like to race but didn't feel she had a chance against the guys.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Jeremy and I discussed this at the end of last year and thought it would be a good idea. It might encourage more women to particate or better yet show up. Maybe we will have more than 25 women this year.

Yes, I think women can be just as good of racers as men but most of the women that will be racing won't have the experience that the men do. I, myself drive the Stealth but not nearly as much as Jeremy and don't feel as comfortable as he does. Plus I won't push it as hard as him just because I don't want to break it. I am sure most wives/girlfriends feel the same way as I do.

I think it is a great idea. I am planning on racing in one of the events just haven't decided which one yet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I completely agree with Tiffany. :) I don't think its experience that scares the girls away, I honestly think it's a comfort level idea. I think that if the girls had their own class, that many more would participate. I myself, plan on dragging (for my first time on an actual track)- if I have my car by then of course, or if Tyler (teazersnow) lets me use his for the race....Autocross would be fun, but for my first event, I think dragging would be much easier and more comfortable, just because I've atleast had some kind of experience with this on the street goofing around.....just my opinion on the matter! ;)

·
Aggressive Driver
1,293 Posts
I don't track race, so my opinion might not mean much here, but I'm sorry, I don't agree with splitting up classes by gender. What next, splitting by age? Split it up by amatuer/ professional, but not by gender. It should be about your driving skill, not if you are a female. That's from a spectators view and my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I talked my 18y/o daughter into running her Cavalier at the local auto-cross this past weekend. It was an SCCA event and she was put in her own class by car/experience (novice)/gender (ladies).

She had a ball! First time she'd ever done anything like it and she was stoked from the first run to the last. Beat out another first-timer in a Honda by .03 seconds to win the class.

We had a great time. She watched me drive. I watched her drive and she took one trip with me in the 3000GT. I have no problem with the ladies having their own class and think anything NG03 does to encourage more participation is a great idea.

Ladies, sign up! Track or auto-cross. You'll love it.

-golfpro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts