Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nuff said.....that's twice in 2 days.....next one gets PIT maneuvered courtesy of yours truly and I'll just say he hit me. That's fucking IT!

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,118 Posts
Wrathchild said:
Nuff said.....that's twice in 2 days.....next one gets PIT maneuvered courtesy of yours truly and I'll just say he hit me. That's fucking IT!
PIT == cool :)

·
vice prez: TPW
8,091 Posts
Wrathchild, trust me it is not worth trying to get back. Especially if you love your car. The same guy was riding my ass and cut me off three times. I got pissed and got infront of mime and slowed down. I never even touched my break I just let off the gas. And fucker got pissed and got next to me and started comming into my lane fast. I swearved and ended up in the grass. Then when I tried to get back on the road I hit the road just right to take my tire off of the rim and I spun out across the road. Trust me it is not worth it.
-john

On the good side, very little damage to the car, I love having a well made car.

·
Dog Is My Co-Pilot
4,082 Posts
Try driving a '69 bug for a while. EVERYONE cuts me off, which is real stupid when the car you that's being cut off has those awesome non-assisted 4 wheel drum brakes :rolleyes:

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
Know what you mean. The other day going to school this big Chevy SUV, maybe a blazer or a tahoe, decides they need to get on the interstate at the last second and to do it they had to cut across my lane and hit the ramp without slowing down. Needless to say I had a quick braking experience while they practicly turned that beast over cutting so hard. If I would not have been paying attention I would have hit them because they did not signal. :mad: (Or they would have hit me!)

And then today this minivan with emergency tags and a kid in the passenger seat decides for some reason they should not have to yield because they are in the right lane merging into the left (my lane) and behind me. So they gun it and just barely miss going into a gas station parking lot and cut me off. Everyone was going about 50 in a 45.:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting this thread and letting me vent. :cool:

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
What I do is speed up and get in front of them and slow down real real real slow. Like 5mph in a 45mph limit. Then I turn my blinker on really far in advance if I think they will turn. Then I come to a complete stop then turn.
If that doesn't work I just flick them off or wait at traffic lights till it turns yellow and goes.

-Jeff

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,118 Posts
A guy did something similar to what J-Groove described to a friend of mine. He had just purchased a new WRX about a week before. He lets off the gas, and goes to tap his brake just enough to make the tail lights flash -- WHAM!

He gets hit in the rear. The guy told the cop that he came to a dead stop in the middle of the road. :rolleyes:

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
Rage against the assholes! People who are rude and reckless enough to cut people off in traffic are an accident waiting to happen. I can only hope that when they kill themselves, they dont take anyone with them. Take down their plate number and give a call to the cops. They like harrassing people so why not point them at one of these assholes?

·
IDIC
4,390 Posts
He gets hit in the rear. The guy told the cop that he came to a dead stop in the middle of the road
dunno how it is elsewhere, but in PA, if you rear-end someone, it's your fault period. Even if some jackass cuts you off and you can't slow down quick enough to avoid hitting their rear-end, it's your fault.
Even if someone rear-ends you and you get shoved into the person in front of you, you're at fault and have to pay up to the person you hit.
It can be a blessing and a curse. Leads to alot of insurance scams.. ie: (get in front of someone, slam on your brakes, sue 'em).

A couple days ago, some jackass pulled out right in front of me..I was doing 55 or 60 in a 50, he pulls out and I had no chance to slow down...it was also a wide open road, nothing blocking his view...there was a car coming the other way, so I just passed him on the right (didn't even have to accelerate, that's how close he was).
I put my finger out the window and just left it there...I kept glancing back and he's ranting up a storm, waving an arm, yelling at his wife...his wife just sits there...something tells me she knew he cut me off :)
Isn't it amazing how some people can get so worked up over a finger? ('course mabey passing him on the right didn't help his mood) :) oh well..he can go straight to hell as well as everyone else who cuts people off.
"Hey, jackass, was it worth almost getting into an accident to be 10 feet and 5 seconds closer to your destination?"
I think that every time...Then I pass them when i can and slow down :)

-Aaron
'94 R/T TT
'95 VR-4 Spyder
'95 Pearl Yellow R/T (belongs to Mom)

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let me clarify......this wasn't just somebody cut in when there wasn't enough room....this was either I slam my brakes and swerve over (off on the shoulder in one case) or I'm getting hit hard...and not because they didn't see me. The first incident I was on a 40MPH speed limit 4 lane road (2 each way) and I was doing about 43. Nobody ahead and a minivan about 8 car legnths behind me traveling about my speed and had been for about 2 miles. Well, the 4-lane merges to a 2 lane and I'm in the left lane and the right merges into the left. Well asshole in the minivan decides he wants to overtake me after the right lane ends...so he ends up passing me on the grass shoulder (ran out of road) and had I not hit my brakes and slightly turned to the left...he's have nailed my front passenger fender...and of course after pulling back on the road fucker sprayed rocks at me...I ended up in the yellow striped shoulder between the 2 lane road before it went to solid double yellow. I'd have chased him down but was on my way home from work and wasn't in the fucking mood. It was a "Pop-A-Lock" van and I got the number....and know where he works.....I'll get him later after he thinks it's blown over. Then today I'm at Best Buy...I back out of a space and as I put it in 1st to move out, this cunt in a Neon races in front of me from the wrong direction to snag the parking space before the guy behind me (who was waiting on it and on the CORRECT side) could get it. Some punk....he wouldn't get out of his car either...just kept looking at me. I flipped him off and gave him a few choice ones (that could NOT be found in Websters) but he refused to get out and I was in a hurry so I just left. I really just wanted to sit there and say "you were in such a hurry man...go on....go on in the store...don't mind me...I won't fuck with your car". As far as getting my car damaged.....fuck it man....I'm insured and any damage can be fixed...I don't worry about that shit anymore...but next time sombody pulls a stunt like that...I'm not slammn my brakes.....I'll continue on, spin the bastard and let him explain to the cops how he struck me at the angle he did.

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,118 Posts
They ruled in favor of my friend. His WRX is currently being repaired. :)

·
vice prez: TPW
8,091 Posts
The police man who came to thescene where I was" I asked if I could press charges" He said that If I wanted to he woudl take me to jail right then and there and have my car towed. Here is the original thread form last year. http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11626

oh and btw if my spelling sucks or this dosent make sence I'm sorry but I am really drunk right now, I don;t have class untill 12:30 tomorrow and I have all my hw done for the next two days, it is great. Anyways I am glad that your friend with the WRX won. I just just stuck with the bill. I coudlen;t report it for fear of my uinsurance goign up. I was hit at a red light by a deer just 3 month prior. I was at a dead stop (not moving) At a red light and a deer ran strait into my car. and my insurance goes up, yeah liek I coudl have helped that,
-John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts