Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR-4 108k miles
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just scored an amazing 1993 3000GT VR4 for well less than $1,000.00

Didn’t run but after a few afternoons of going over everything she fired right up!

Previous owner was starting to do all kinds of mods to the engine. I have stacks of receipts and records. I also have the full 1,000 page service manual.

I found a receipt and cashiers check
To Rob Beck so I have a few questions for him if anyone knows how to contact him. I believe it was for a pair of WRX 13t turbos.

I’m a truck guy and didn’t even know what a waste-gate was until I bought this car. Anyway, Ive scoured this sight and got many helpful reads from it so far.

thanks!
Craig in Seattle.

·
SDSU Alumnus
4,002 Posts
Welcome! Good job on getting it started. Post some pictures of the car too.

Were your questions regarding the turbos? If so, you can probably find some answers in the old threads or just ask away here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not necessarily the turbos but wondering if he still has records of his transactions. It’s just a receipt of the cashiers check so I don’t know what was actually purchased but I did find a xerox of install instructions for WRX 13t’s so I’m guessing based on the price of the purchase it was for a pair of turbos from Rob.

the car sat for almost about 12 years Neil now and a new clutch, erg delete, new fuel pump upgrade, and attempted vacuum boost installed. That’s where I got completely stuck because I couldn’t tell what he was attempting
to do. There are missing solenoids and vac lines. I found a suggestion diagram here and reran all vac lines according to that diagram and all seems to work okay. What I don’t know is how to finish the setup.

luckily, there were about 5 crates of parts, new and used, to choose from! Spare set of fully assembled powered headlights, three throttle bodies, two blow-by valves…of which I’ve installed the newer/better one.
There’s a new boost guage and also an installed Greddy E-Manage Ultimate ECU installed but can’t use it because I don’t own a PC laptop. It’s been a fun little project for sure! Brand new front to back exhaust system too to the tune of another $900
New clutch also so I’m guessing a racing setup. Craig

·
Registered
864 Posts
just seems like he did the "vacuum reduction", which includes getting rid of a bunch of solenoids and vacuum lines. It's a common mod people do on these cars. Because it's just a clusterfuck stock :D

Not sure about the e-manage ecu. I think it's a sophisticated piggyback, if I remember right. Most people have moved to either Ecuflash(stock 98-99 ecu reflashed) or some standalone like AEM EMS.

·
SDSU Alumnus
4,002 Posts
The GReddy e-Manage Ultimate is one of the best albeit old and dated piggyback systems - in capable and knowledgeable hands of course lol. I actually have three here 😅 all cars upgraded to AEM EMS Series 2.

If you plan on trying to access and use it, then you will need an older 32-bit OS e.g. XP, Vista, or 7; alternative is running a virtual PC (what I do)

Like anything else, what you choose to do and use is all relative to your goals and application.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I only bought the car because I saw it sitting for so long (12 years?). I wanted a basic, cheap commuter car for running errands, etc to save miles on my truck. Turns out, I got a pretty sweet deal I guess! I’m not too concerned about the outdated ECM and max boost, etc. just want a reliable, fun car. It does appear to have the WRX 13t’s from Rob so that explains why my guage is boosting well
Past stock of +\- 9psi unless I’m misunderstanding how it all works. Great forum BTW!

·
I kill brakes
4,791 Posts
Contact info for Rob is here:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts