Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I recently got myself a 93 Stealth base manual shift. I live in Kuwait and unfortunately there are no agents for the car here, any cars that are running around have been brought in on private import from the US. I'm currently trying to tweak it as much as possible with the resources that I have. I've already learnt lots of little tips off this board, but ANY tips are welcome. I've already yanked the resonator, changed the plugs, and thrown in some injector cleaner. I was thinking of lowering the beast, but performance parts in this god forsaken country are impossible to come by. Someone suggested I chop the springs (??).. sounded scary, is that a good idea? Thanks guys... (Also thanks Unlcesam099 [Kevin] for telling me about this place).

-Mirv.
93 Base Stealth Manual Shift
Short stick shifter
Indiglo pedals
custom rims
Kenwood / Alpine stereo with 6X9's and two 10in subs
:cool:

·
Ex-Owner
1,284 Posts
hmmm... im not too familiar with bases but i can tell you that chopping your springs is NOT a good idea.

·
Registered
207 Posts
hey man welcome, and NO DONT CHOP YOUR SPRINGS

Matt D.

·
corporate slave
700 Posts
plugs/wires help with horsepower? would it help me?

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
about time another SOHC is here!! :D :D We can't do too much to our cars to tweak alot of power. If you want serious power....just do Nitrous. If you have any other questions, shoot me an e-mail. By the way, I used to live in Dubai, UAE. ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweeeeet....

Hey Silentthunder...

You were in Dubai? Cool... thing is Dubai is like 100 times better than Kuwait. I mean in Kuwait they don't allow alcohol and there arent any clubs either. Dubai is like my weekend getaway! But seriously, there must be something we can do to our cars other than Nitrous? What about supercharging it? I recently saw a post on some inline 6 throttle bodies? Damn, I lost the link.. thought I bookmarked it! :confused: Anyway, I thought maybe throwing in a supercharger might help. Someone told me to check Knight Turbo's for a kit, but the damned site aint working. I'd love to be able to order one. Did you have to do much modifications to your car to slap the Nitrous in? I've always wondered if Nos would do damage to a stock car. Keen to hear some feedback on 'any' tweaks :p

-Mirv.
93 Base Stealth Manual Shift
Short stick shifter
Indiglo pedals
custom rims
Kenwood / Alpine stereo with 6X9's and two 10in subs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts