Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, well a couple weeks ago i bought a 95 3000gt SL, and i dont really know anything really deep about cars, so i was hoping anyone could give me some tips or ideas of what i should by to get more HP cuz i would like more than 220. What i really want is one of the spoilers that The later VR4 models have instead of the regulare sl ones. If anyone can help me with that out that would be cool, and also i wanted to get some kind of performance hood. If anyone knows where i can get one send me a link. So yea any help would be aswome. :D

·
Largest Member
275 Posts
best hp gains per dollar are probably a test pipe and a downpipe. If you get the rest of the exhaust done you're are probably looking at a 25 - 30 hp increase with all of that. A underdrive or lightweight crank pully from 3SX will add another 8 - 12 hp. Fidanza flywheel and ACT 2600 clutch together are an awesome combo. speedfactor has it for the monthly special right now at 800. That will add about 10 hp and will make a huge difference in how fast your car revs and your launch.

There are some nice carbon fiber hoods out there that take about 50 lb off the car. Off the top of my head I know GT Pro makes one. not sure about the 99 wing.

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
if u want HP, forget about the 99 wing. that's not going to add HP, it will add weight. there's alot of different ways to get HP, search the board before you start posts like this. there's about 5 going on about the same subject. not trying to be an ass, but lately, all i see is "HELP, need more HP." if people would just do a search, they would get more info in less time.

if u want HP, there's anything from tt kits, nos, superchargers, porting and polishing intake & exhaust manifolds, etc. the list can go on and on. it depends on what u can spend. the best mods for beginners are stuff like aftermarket intake, downpipe, test pipe, catback. for links to find this stuff, go to the front 3si page and click on tuners. the listed shops are 3s tuners.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
1. Search.
2. Search.
3. Search.
4. Search.
5. Search.
6. Search.
7. Search.
8. Search.
9. Search.
10. Search.
11. Repeat steps 1-10.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
You could go there, but I those HP gains they are saying are bogus.

Here is what I would do first.

1. lower the car (Intrax or Ground-Control if you want to control the drop)
2. intake (Stillen, K&N, HKS, etc..)
3. downpipe (DNP downpipe)
4. 3SX pulley
5. test pipe

Thats a good start for modding. All of these parts except the test pipe can be found at www.3sxperformance.com Thats where I buy all my parts at. They friendly and have really fast shipping I get my stuff 2nd day when I order though them and that on the regular shipping. :cool:

BTW, are you MTX or ATX? j/w

·
Deal with it
3,135 Posts
Chris you actually posted something, and half of it was about my car!:D

The $800 for the ACT2600 and flywheel could not be spent anywhere else to see the gains and power difference through out the rpms. Chris knows from being the good ole passanger in my car. Many ppl on here dont seem to ever want to touch the trans (I didnt either, but thats cause I have many other obligations).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.