Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Newbe saying hello!

365 views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  cotmfk 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say hello. I just purchased my first Mitsubishi! It’s a 1993 3000GT VR-4. Dark green and loaded! I think they only come loaded.

Anyways, I have been reading many threads on this site and it looks as if many of you are very knowledgeable and are quick to offer good advice. I’m sure I will be needing plenty.

My VR-4 is not without it’s problems. It has 113,000 miles and I got it for $5,400. The rotors in front are warped (just ordered a set) and the bearings that hold the center drive shaft in place are also shot. Ordered them too. Also, there is light damage to the front bumper assemble and small chips and scratches throughout. The trans is new and it runs great.

I am fairly literate around cars. That is to say, I have been around highly modified vehicles for years. But I never owned a car as complex as the VR-4 so needles to say I’m a tad intimidated. But I think I got a great deal and it’s not my daily driver so I’m looking forward to building it up and stomping on some Hondas!

I need to get an owners manual and a shop manual. Can anyone recommend a source?

Well, like I said, I just wanted to introduce myself to you all and say hello.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the community, and good luck with your new car! May she give you years of unadulterated driving enjoyment!

Check EBAY for the manuals....

#5 ·
Welcome to the group :)
You're gonna love your car...and it only gets better. And you won't find a better collection of knowledge and knowledgable people than on this web site. Congrats on your buy!

oh yeah..you can stomp honduhs _now_ before any mods :)

-Aaron
'94 R/T TT
'95 VR-4 Spyder
'95 Pearl Yellow R/T (belongs to Mom

#8 ·
Welcome to the board....Vineet Singh makes the manuals. Help a follow 3/S'er out and buy one of his Cd manuals...it will be well worth it. A guy on the board(pearlr/t) is making a 99 front end conversion for these cars...so if your is bad might want to look into getting one he is making.

-Jeff

#11 ·
Welcome to the board. I second the comment about Honda's. Don't waste your time or gas. Go for the vettes and vipers. Much more fun.

#15 ·
If anyone's interested, I'm asking $50 +shipping for the K&N Aircharger. Practically new in box.
If you haven't already sold your K&N aircharger to sprung_munkey, I will buy it.
s1027986@admiral.umsl.edu

#17 ·
Congrats, yes the stock rotors r crap on these cars. u need to get a nice set of rotors from porterfield & pads too. Then get a nice metal Y-pipe cus if u start modding it the Ypipe is the foundation of power.
My parts guy is very good & can get u anything
Brian@GTPro.com tell him Bill from BA sent u
Good Luck

#19 · (Edited)
Great choice!!! Do you have the Chrome rims?? If so, your car probably looks like Powelsound's. I also have a 93 and I love it (though mine's a stealth).

As a bonus: You got the first gen looks, but with a stronger engine than the 91 or 92 years!!

Edit: waaaaaaaaaaaait. You say you bought a 1993, but in your sig there's a 1994. Me is Confuzed

#20 ·
I fixed my signature…:eek: Thanks for pointing that out Wraith R/T awd. So far I’m in love with this car. It has so much power stock, I can’t wait for the mods… And yes, it does have chrome wheels. I’ll post a picture very soon.

The reason I mentioned stomping some Hondas is because there are a group of guys around here driving Hondas and Acuras and they think they are the sh#&. I can almost beat them in my wife’s Cougar. I think, for the most part, all they have done is put a humongous wing on the back with one of those 8-inch diameter mufflers. Sounds like a weed whacker to me. As soon as I get the breaks and the carrier bearings taken care of, I’m going to show them what REAL horsepower is all about.

The Vets and Vipers will come after the mods.

Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.