Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well today i was driving and i go to shift into 3rd and i give it a little gas and nothing just revs, so im like shit. So i pull over to test it out somwhere wehre there is no traffic and still nothing. So heres my problem my dad says to to live with no 3rd gear but im like i can't race without it(can't tell him that) so the question is would it be ok to drive without it or should i get a new trans?

·
3SI #816
277 Posts
I'd find out exactly what was wrong with your tranny. Alot cheaper to replace a few gears and bearings and have a fresh box than take a chance of destroying what's left. If you can pull it and install it yourself all it would cost would be the rebuild job. Good luck :)

·
Registered
832 Posts
how exactly would this happen. you can actually stick the shifter into third gear, let out on the clutch and it won't go anywhere? just like its not even there? Maybe your clutch cables are messed up or something. I don't know a lot about trannies though, so good luck.

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
does it not move even if you put it in 3rd gear and just barely step on the accelerator?

Does it pop out of 3rd gear or what exactly happens (if doesn't move)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can get it into third gear and it stays there but nothing happens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts