Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the track last night and got about 10 runs in. The weather was in the low 70's, and the track was nice and sticky. The car is a 94 Stealth R/T 5spd non-turbo w/ 135k miles and bad valve seals. Mods are:

K&N filter
open front pipe
lightweight flywheel
lightweight pulley
removed spare/jack/passenger seat
carbon fiber hood
polyurethane motor mounts
Konig 17" wheels w/ 255-45 Kumhos

My clutch gave out on one of the first runs, so my times were sucking ass and the clutch was stinking like rotten eggs. Then I adjusted the clutch pedal and let the clutch cool for a while and managed to get some decent times. I was launching at 2500rpm with a slow slip... no dumps. The clutch slipped bad at about 5000rpm in 1st gear and when I hit 2nd, so I lost some ET but still managed to get good traps.

N/A:

60ft - 2.36(I went 3/4 throttle in 1st to save the clutch)
1/8 - 9.28
1/8 mph - 79.8
1/4 - 14.11
1/4 mph - 100.1

First N/A that I know of that has trapped 100mph! :D

My previous best was a 14.29 @ 97.3mph with a 2.34 60ft. It was 95 degrees that day, and I have since changed the fuel filter & spark plugs, urethane motor mounts, and stiffened the suspension.

My new mod:

I added a 50hp dry shot of nitrous. No window switches, bottle heater, or anything fancy... just a plain NOS dry fogger in the intake tube with a 50 shot.

With a 50 shot in the top of 2nd and all of 3rd gear, I ran:

60ft - 2.21
1/8 - 8.92
1/8 mph - 81.3
1/4 - 13.67
1/4 mph - 103.6

...so I dropped almost 4 tenths and gained almost 4mph from a 50 shot in 1 and a half gears... not bad... this shit works! :bigthumb:

The rest of my times sucked thanks to the clutch. :( I had a few 14.5's, but never got another good run in.

I'll post more times in a month or so when the track reopens and I have a new clutch. I'm gonna jet up to 65 or 75 and shoot for low 13's, and I want a 13.9 @ 100 n/a.

BIGKASH was at the track, so I have a witness... dunno if he saw all my runs, though, but he smelled the clutch disc cooking.

Here are the slips:

N/A

w/ a 50 shot of nitrous

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
J-Ville VR-4 said:
Nice times! Are you going to orlando speedway with everyone next friday?
Nope, I'll be in Arkansas all week visiting family. The clutch has to be replaced before I can go to the track again anyways.

Odin said:
I never thought you were the type to use Nitrous
I'll continue to take the motor as far as it can go N/A, but I'll also post nitrous times. Just because I added a bottle doesn't mean I'll abandon N/A performance. I still plan on running well into the 13's all-motor.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rob said:
so is this your car or your girlfriends car?
Yes.

Rebel said:
do u run with slicks?
If I had slicks, I wouldn't be pulling shitty 2.2-2.3 60ft times...
WICKEDDREW said:
Konig 17" wheels w/ 255-45 Kumhos

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
So, what have you been saying about these RAM clutches? :) Do you think it was your adjustment that made it take a shit on ya or something else besides the clutch? I'd like to hear what you think about those clutches still.

Great times for a N/A!!!! Let's see some 13's :).

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
:eek: congrats on the times. Now dump about 5,000 more into it and get 11's:D

matt

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
holy shit drew, you're my idol, how much was the nos by the way

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
Richy T. said:
:eek: :eek:

Holy smokes Drew. Awesome times. You give us n/a guys hope.
speaking of NA guys....richy, you have a bit done to your ES. When you gonna drag that beast and let us know your times?

Matt

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Well, I am going to one of our tracks tomorrow night with some people. The one I am going too though doesn't have times, only a tree. It's just racing to see who wins. I haven't been there before though so it will be pretty new to me.

The other one in town has times but doesn't provide time slips and I will hopefully be heading out there sometime before the end of the year. I really need to work on my shifting before I head out there though.

I am hoping though to also get into the low 14's but remember that we are at 3800+/- feet here also. We shall see.

·
Proud 3000GT Driver
3,221 Posts
i'm personally SHOCKED to know that drew is using nitrous, only because he coulda spent that money on something else for the n/a aspect of it! ;)

other than that, i could care less, cuz he's still a beast driver

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the "congratulations" everyone! :bigthumb:

drone007 said:
i'm personally SHOCKED to know that drew is using nitrous, only because he coulda spent that money on something else for the n/a aspect of it!
I don't really have a plan for what order my mods will be done in... I just buy whatever I can get for the cheapest at the time. I got a good deal on a used nitrous kit, so I jumped on it. I've always planned on getting nitrous, but I wanted to make sure I was ready for the potential damage it could cause. Now I have an extra engine ready to drop in if I blow this one, so it's on. The reason for the nitrous was to keep me from having to hide when LS-1's rev at me on the street. Now I can rev back. :D I plan on taking the nitrous as far as I can. My immediate goal is 13's n/a and 12's on n2o, and after I build up a "beefy" n/a engine with more than just bolt-ons, I'm shooting for 12's N/A and 11's on n2o. It may take a year or more, but it'll happen.

PureN/AHP said:
how much was the nos by the way
$500 for a used kit with all the extras. I have jets for 50, 65, and 75hp, and the solenoids will flow up to 250hp. I'm actually looking to sell this kit and switch to a direct port setup so I can go to a 120hp+ shot once I build up the motor.

Hans91GT said:
So, what have you been saying about these RAM clutches? :) Do you think it was your adjustment that made it take a shit on ya or something else besides the clutch? I'd like to hear what you think about those clutches still.
Right now I have a shitty OEM disc along with the Ram pressure plate. The PP is still good, so I'm gonna call up Summit and get a Ram disc again. The Ram disc was still good until it was shredded during a misshift. The current disc only has about 10k miles on it, but it got cooked last week when my pressure plate bolts came loose and I drove it like that for a few days. It probably still has material on it but is glazed.

As for the quality, I like Ram and will probably continue to use them until I find their weakness.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts