Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Spd Kills your bank acc.
1,148 Posts
hahaha... not even sure why we have this forum. Is it just so we can talk crap about the newbies to the platform?

·
Whats a Turbo?
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think so. I haven't been active for years it is interesting to see how much has changed and who is still around :)

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I agree vc! I have dropped by a few times the past 10 years and the place seems very different than I remember it during the first couple years when I was an active member. It's almost like a ghost town... Just glad to have a reason (or 3 lol!) to hang out again!

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
Youre all a bunch of newbies. ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Let's face it, the old fogies like me/(us?) either get too old to be active here, move to a newer (read: still viable) platform, or blow-up/crash their rides for this forum. Now that all my mods are complete (except for the steering wheel) I'm really now concerned not for keeping it running, but for a time when I'm on the road far from homebase in an area they've never seen a 3S without a clue how to work on or where to locate parts. Contrast that with a C7—Z06 zipping around the countryside :) But, damn, I still love my 3K ride!

·
TPW: The Prophet
4,186 Posts
I know I'm the 'newest' member in this thread, but what constitutes an 'old' forum member these days?

The reason I ask, is that after the fallout from the Alan debacle, 3Si slid ever further into decline as it was split into followership on 3SGTO. Now, members that have only been on for a few years, basically those who showed up after the fiasco, now consider themselves to be 'older' members. I rarely see members who have been on before 2008 or so. Heck, even I walked away for a few years (but, that is mostly work related).

Thoughts?

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
Youre all a bunch of newbies. ;)
I beg to differ. :)

First time back in a couple years, afraid to even look.

Fond memories of the most irrelevant conversations I ever had, the mindset of the group seemed to aligned the first maybe 4 or 5 years...

·
Premium Member
17,963 Posts
Sadly it was first here for forum owners/operators to get real feed back from long time members without them being mods.

Wish it could still be used that way.

Coop

·
'96 VR4
3,291 Posts
I know I'm the 'newest' member in this thread, but what constitutes an 'old' forum member these days?

The reason I ask, is that after the fallout from the Alan debacle, 3Si slid ever further into decline as it was split into followership on 3SGTO. Now, members that have only been on for a few years, basically those who showed up after the fiasco, now consider themselves to be 'older' members. I rarely see members who have been on before 2008 or so. Heck, even I walked away for a few years (but, that is mostly work related).

Thoughts?
Well, good thing you're here or I'D be the noob LOL. IDK... I used to be here three times a day, then a couple of years ago got busy with the house and dropped off some. Last year, was crazy busy at work too and was not on here at all. I probably had under ten posts all of 2014.

I'm trying to get back to it. IDK if it has anything to do with the forum that shall not be named (which I have never been active on... not enough time) or just that after ten... wait, ELEVEN?! years with the platform, a lot of things look familiar. I still learn new things about the car, or maybe I'm just reminded of what I forgot. I still like the car, but it's harder to make time for working on it than it was.

Anyway, I hope this year will be more like it was a few years ago. Off the forum, and on.

Paul T

·
TPW: The Prophet
4,186 Posts
Paul,

I completely understand where you're coming from. I've spent this past year fixing a number of nagging problems with my car which I've put off for years due to work. ABS, SRS, steering & alignment, etc. The list goes on. But, through the process of these repairs, I've been more active on the forums as I search for information. That, and I genuinely like to help people so when I see a thread about things I know a bit, I try and help rather than criticize. Maybe one day, this will catch on and the wealth of knowledge and friendship that was 3Si will return.

·
'96 VR4
3,291 Posts
Paul,

I completely understand where you're coming from. I've spent this past year fixing a number of nagging problems with my car which I've put off for years due to work. ABS, SRS, steering & alignment, etc. The list goes on. But, through the process of these repairs, I've been more active on the forums as I search for information. That, and I genuinely like to help people so when I see a thread about things I know a bit, I try and help rather than criticize. Maybe one day, this will catch on and the wealth of knowledge and friendship that was 3Si will return.
Man, I hear that. There is SO much that my car needs, although in my less OC moments I realize that it's in pretty nice shape for a 20 year old car. I started writing a list last week, it's about 20 things starting with fixing the AA, which has been inop for going on two years now, to little things like claybar and wax. Intermediate stuff like fixing the machine gun passenger door lock and tracking down a rattle in the hatch.

There is still a lot of knowledge here, just have to ask. Or search, LOL. I've found a lot of info on the door locks, for example- I just need to get the car out of hibernation and get to it. Next weekend, I hope.

Paul T

·
og
4,293 Posts
still check in every so often.

so hello all :)

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
Drop in every now and then to see who's still around. Sucked what happened when the forums split, that's when I personally stopped coming around. I had already sold the car and wasn't interested in the 2 forum drama anymore.

·
Formerly Carnage VR4
5,285 Posts
Drop in every now and then to see who's still around. Sucked what happened when the forums split, that's when I personally stopped coming around. I had already sold the car and wasn't interested in the 2 forum drama anymore.
Same here, I haven't been on in a long time just check it to reminisce a bit. My VR4 has been sold, just got married and now saving for a house before I get another toy, who knows maybe another 3/S.

Good to see names I recognize.

-Matt

·
'96 VR4
3,291 Posts
Same here, I haven't been on in a long time just check it to reminisce a bit. My VR4 has been sold, just got married and now saving for a house before I get another toy, who knows maybe another 3/S.

Good to see names I recognize.

-Matt
Congrats on the marriage! I remember meeting you way back, 2005 and 2006 I think. Get a house with a big garage... you'll want it later for sure, whether for a 3S or something else.

Paul T

1 - 19 of 19 Posts