Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I’m obviously new here but am very happy and excited to be part of this forum, I bought a Mitsubishi GTO about 3 weeks ago and am looking forward to getting on with it, at the moment it’s parked up as I’m waiting for the logbook to come so I can tax it. The car has been sitting for about a year before I bought it, it runs and drives fine but any advice on what I should do first in terms of maintenance will be great. Obviously I’ll be doing oil and filter changes but anything else recommended? I have no history with the car so don’t know the last time it’s been serviced, currently on 90000mi. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome! I myself am slowly ticking off a service I know as the 60k service and 120k service. I'm new too and there are lots of good and great guys with information here. Here is a link referencing it and an idea of what it involves.

Heres a link to most of the parts needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant, I’ll be going through this as ideally I want to do a full service as I don’t know what has or hasn’t been done on the car, I’ve been looking through the forum regularly before signing up and looks like it has info on everything! Thanks for your help!

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,003 Posts
Welcome! If it sat for that long, I would probably get the brake fluid checked for any contamination (hygroscopic). It might even be easier to put the car on a lift for a multi-point inspection regardless of doing it yourself or not with specs/measurements and visuals.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mirroring Alan, I'd recommend Peace of mind mods: Stainless Brake and Clutch Lines to replace any dried out rubber hoses that have been sitting a while

·
Registered
59 Posts
Timing Belt, Water pump, Tensioner, Drive belt, Oil Pump if you want to be safe. All fluids! should be about $2k if you pay someone. Might want to get your oil pressure checked before you drop $2k. No sense in servicing an engine thats on the outs anyways.

Might want to check your oil pan for dents too. Great cars though!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello!
I’m obviously new here but am very happy and excited to be part of this forum, I bought a Mitsubishi GTO about 3 weeks ago and am looking forward to getting on with it, at the moment it’s parked up as I’m waiting for the logbook to come so I can tax it. The car has been sitting for about a year before I bought it, it runs and drives fine but any advice on what I should do first in terms of maintenance will be great. Obviously I’ll be doing oil and filter changes but anything else recommended? I have no history with the car so don’t know the last time it’s been serviced, currently on 90000mi. Thanks guys!
Welcome! I am new here too, but mine was 4 years parked and 192.000... lol

So, as we should do with any car, I did change the Timing Belt, Water Pump, Fuel Filter, New tires, Calipers, Rotors, Braking Pads, Under Coat Spray, Fill out the tank and took it for a ride.

And once I started to run, my clutch went all the way down. Check your Hydaulic Clutch.

Are the hoses in a good shape?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Oh, and if you're going to change the timing belt, PLEASE change your Front Main Seal It's common to leak oil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts