Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New 93 Vr4 owner. Just looking for some insight. I got this car for ridiculously cheap. It has a rebuilt motor from a performance shop in Georgia with receipts. It's got alot of performance parts added with all the receipts as well. I cannot get it to fully start. Just turns over.

These are just some mods:
-twin 50mm td04 turbos with billet ball bearing compressor wheels
-750cc injectors
-Aem ems v2
-Forged internals with 2000 arp head rod and studs
-aem fuel pump
-Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler

He told me it needs a tune to run correctly. I'm having a little oil leak from the oil cooler where it's mounted to the engine that apparently is common? I attached some pictures also looking for some insight on what the blue canister is and why there is a hose disconnected. One hose goes to a blow off. Weird connection at the fuel pump also. Also some random wires. Can provide better pictures later.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
155 Posts
Looks like a hotwired fuel pump setup, to give it full battery power all the time, and an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. The hose should be getting an intake manifold pressure reference to vary the pressure with boost.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like a hotwired fuel pump setup, to give it full battery power all the time, and an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator. The hose should be getting an intake manifold pressure reference to vary the pressure with boost.

Yeah I think he mentioned that actually. Any reason the yellow would be disconnected? The hose I need to check more into because I'm lost where to connect it to.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,227 Posts
First off, congrats on the "new" car.
I looks really clean.

My first thoughts are:

1) Have you checked the compression?
2) Have you checked for spark on all cylinders?
3) Are you sure you have fuel going to those cylinders?

(pretty much the BASIC stuff, but you have to start at the START)

Just my .02

Bob.

·
15,227 Posts
Once you have confirmed the above, my next question is the car in time?
(crank and cam marks line up).

A TON of good info can be found here:

Manuals online can be found here:

Welcome aboard!

Bob.

Reactions: Paul H.

·
15,227 Posts
I swear, I have to do everything around here...

You young guys better keep this place running....

Bob.

Reactions: SWENDAB

·
15,227 Posts
You're probably right, but, unless something happens between now and next Saturday, I will be 3Sless for the first time in 26 yrs.

Bob.

Edit: Correction, 24+ yrs.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,915 Posts
but, unless something happens between now and next Saturday, I will be 3Sless for the first time in 26 yrs.
OK…. What’s going to happen next Saturday that might leave you 3Sless? …. Inquiring minds want to know (now where have I heard that before? :rolleyes:) Or do you mean Spyderless making you 3Sless at that point? If so you still have 3S here, so not completely 3Sless!

·
15,227 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Is this what you were referring to? For the hose & intake manifold pressure. I'm not sure where it plugs in. I'm probably way off

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First off, congrats on the "new" car.
I looks really clean.

My first thoughts are:

1) Have you checked the compression?
2) Have you checked for spark on all cylinders?
3) Are you sure you have fuel going to those cylinders?

(pretty much the BASIC stuff, but you have to start at the START)

Just my .02

Bob.
I will get on this when I get a chance!

·
Lovbyts
3,715 Posts
So it turns over but wont start? Just like any car, make sure it's getting gas and spark. Like others have said make sure your timing, cam gears, timing belt are lined up properly. Look up how to test and set your TPS because to me it looks like it's turned to far counter clockwise and needs to be more center or towards clockwise position. That wont make it not start but wont run or idle properly.

I dont know much/anything about the AEM system except you need to make sure it has a basic load on it to work. Hopefully someone will get you started on checking that. Best of luck and nice looking ride.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,809 Posts
You have a bit of work ahead of you and should probably comb through the car multiple times to confirm the listed details...

For example, it appears that the IAT sensor has JB weld applied to it on the UICP - assuming threaded into an (un)tapped hole. Also, why leave the GM LT1 MAFS installed physically? Lots of questionable stuff...

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You have a bit of work ahead of you and should probably comb through the car multiple times to confirm the listed details...

For example, it appears that the IAT sensor has JB weld applied to it on the UICP - assuming threaded into an (un)tapped hole. Also, why leave the GM LT1 MAFS installed physically? Lots of questionable stuff...

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9
I am questioning myself having a shop take a look and possibly fix some issues because I'm being beaten at work and I get 5 minutes to look at it

·
Premium Member
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
155 Posts
Is this what you were referring to? For the hose & intake manifold pressure. I'm not sure where it plugs in. I'm probably way off
Yeah the blow off valve and fuel pressure regulator both need an intake plenum reference. I would think that free end of hose would have been sized long enough to reach, but based on your picture, it doesn't look like it'd be long enough to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah the blow off valve and fuel pressure regulator both need an intake plenum reference. I would think that free end of hose would have been sized long enough to reach, but based on your picture, it doesn't look like it'd be long enough to me.
Can you think of a place it'd hook up to? I'm a 3k noob hard

1 - 20 of 26 Posts