·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for the hell of it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
71 Posts
why the hell are they stopping production on this car. Its so nice. I could really go for one of them later on in life.

·
Lovbyts
3,619 Posts
No way! They are stopping production on the Firebird? They will probably keep the Camaro going though. Don't mean to offend anyone if you have one but they are but ugly now. My sister has one. I had a 67 when they still had class. The front looks like a T bird. I like the T bird enough but on a camaro?

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2002 is the last year for the F-body. Both the Firebird and the Camaro have come to an end.

·
Lovbyts
3,619 Posts
Hmmmm I've always liked the firebird. Might be time to get another one soon.

This was my little 85 TA. I re did the sticker of the fire chicken a little. I also had Trans Am airbrushed on the lower half of the doors and my front license plate airbrushed on. LOVBYTS. It looked bad. I even got complements from cops, and no tickets.

Attachments

·
The gloves are now off
1,508 Posts
I'll tell ya Abram you really got me thinking....:confused:

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shovel said:

**DISCLAIMER **

I will not be held responsible for anyone converting to the dark side.

:D

V

·
0 Posts
The T/A looks cool!!!!I wish I could afford one.
Bring it to the track,and share the pink slip with us:)

It's true that 2002 is the last year for LS1,but I heard the rumor too that GM is going to redesign them in 2005.I'm guessing
they'll play in 400HP range stock??

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Resale value is pretty crappy. Wait a couple years and you can pick one up under 20k. I see lots of WS6 in the 1998/1999 years for that price. They are badass looking.

Sam

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Yeah, the new F-bodies are history, but are they going to produce something to fill the gap? Check out pontiac's new idea:

"5.7 liter V8, 3inch dual exhaust, 19inch by 9.5inch wheels, 255/4OZR19 Eagle F1 tires, Fender Flares, 13inch cross drilled brake rotors in front 12 inch discs in back, hood moundted tach, dual hood scoops, leather interior with DVD player,
350hp, and...... AWD!!"

Check out the post w/pics:
http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48179&highlight=pontiac+and+concept

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Very nice. The black ones are the only ones I like (sorry Tom). Jamie wants to drive it BAD! We plan on getting a new car within the next year or so, and I want her to consider an F-body. She's dead set on an RX-8.

YOU NEED TO USE NIGHTSHADES ON THE LENSES!!!

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Drew, are you going to the track tomorrow? My back tires are so bald it's not even funny. However, the fronts still have a tiny bit of tread on them . I'm getting tires next week but I'm really anxious to make a few passes at the track. If your going let me know and I'll get then rotated and we can meet up.

·
Mullet Mobile
276 Posts
shovel said:

Would you be interested in a 2000 Formula Ram Air? :D I might be selling mine. :( Not sure yet. If I did sell it I would want to sell it to someone who would take care of it the way I do and I know you feel the same about your vehicles as I do about mine.

Drew: Whats wrong with silver? ;) I like the black ones too but my GTP is black and one black car is one car to many if you try to keep them looking perfect. Hence the silver. Easy to keep clean and they always look good.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Y2KWS6 said:

Would you be interested in a 2000 Formula Ram Air?

If you sell your car, I'll kick your ass. I'll have to hold you down by your mullet and punch you in the face.:D

·
Proud Owner
1,651 Posts
Knight Rider 2000!

Nice car Powelsound. I always loved the targa tops on those models.
On a side note, the factory that produces LS1s is not very far from where I live. It's in St-Therèse, Quebec. It's gonna close soon, if it hasn't already, so yes, the LS1 is going bye bye. I hope it comes back.

JR.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Tom---Under normal circumstances, I love silver cars, but there are SO MANY F-bodies around here that they all look the same. A black car with dark tint and all lenses blacked out really stands out to me. Black GTP's are awesome, too. I tried to get one when they first came out (97?), but I bought my 90 RX7 GTU from the Pontiac dealer instead.

Abram---if we can meet you there, we're going tomorrow. If you want to, we could bring a jack and rotate your tires at the track. I would love to make a pass down the track in your car, and maybe Jamie and I can improve on our times, too. The weather is awesome. low 60's/high 50's. Email me at [email protected] to let me know what's up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts