Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While at the Supra Gathering this weekend, I was approached by a gentleman that wanted to take a few pics of my car. He had a nice camera and sent me these 'proofs'. He sent me a price list so that I can buy the actual prints if I want. This was just as the sun was setting, which made for some VERY nice reflections and lighting...

I am trying to figure out which ones I want him to give me prints of. Any advice would be wonderful.

http://ruiner.brianisapimp.com/3000GTVR-4/

Here is one of my favorites:

·
Registered
557 Posts
they are all nice:) i would pay the money for YOUR favorite one though.

·
Bored User
1992 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
1,146 Posts
I'm not sure on which ones to choose from, they're all wanting me to just nut all over myself. :) Errr, I hope I didn't just say that out loud. Either way Ruiner, very nice car man. Just keep looking over them, I'm sure you'll find the ones you feel growing on you. :D:D

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure if these are good prices or not. Anyone have any experience with this type of stuff?

Here is what he sent me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Brandon,

Enjoy these images! Let me know if you would like to order any prints. 4x6's are $10 ea., 5x7's are $10, 8x10's are $25, Wallets are 6 for $20. You can also purchase a CD-ROM slideshow of all of your images for only $35. Shipping and handling is $5.95. Call anytime to order.

Ken Rada
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
Nice pics man!

The price sounds about right. Good quality. I'd get the CD, but that's my opinion. :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Very Nice Pics. I'd avoid the one's that appear to be reflecting street lights. If he took those shots say 40 min earlier , you'd have better contrast between your car and the background. Just my 2 cents . . . *continues to jizz all over his monitor* ummmmm TOWEL PLEASE !! :cool: :D

·
Registered
708 Posts
Those are some gorgeous pics. Your car is the bomb! I'd go with some 8x10's. This way you could shrink them with a scanner if you want more of them and they'd still look good.

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
DAMNIT! Those are super sweet! How the fuck do you not ever have dirt on your car? To get my car that clean I'd have to spent 8 hours on it EVERY-DAY. And your car is black, so it's 1000x harder to keep clean then white or silver.

*sigh* -- Nice pics :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
6601 & 6603 are my favorites. That angle with your lights and everything looks HOT! I also like 6606, 6616, and the one you picked. Along with that pic of your car on the road you've got the best shots of your car. I also would nominate 6601 & 6603 for the calender selections! :eek:

Man I gotta get busy and set-up some shots of mine. I finished and debuted my healight mod at this weekends get-together. Maybe I can get a few shots to put up this afternoon. :)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
its alright.. i mean its no 91 VR4 with 140+k miles with stealth wheels, faded paint, and a dent in the door but sometimes you have to settle... i'm just glad you are happy with what you have

:D

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hey Ruiner

I think the pic of your car while moving is still the best. Those pics were kind of dark, but still nice.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorny said:
DAMNIT! Those are super sweet! How the fuck do you not ever have dirt on your car? To get my car that clean I'd have to spent 8 hours on it EVERY-DAY. And your car is black, so it's 1000x harder to keep clean then white or silver.

*sigh* -- Nice pics :)
Thanks

Oddly enough, I haven't waxed my car in the longest time. And by that I mean almost 1 yr. I know a guy that specializes in paint and body repair and he said that the easiest way to keep your car looking brand new is to wash it all the time. Waxing it is good, but if you let it get dirty, then you are defeating the purpose. It has to deal with small particles of dirt, the way that they get into your paint/clearcoat and how the sun/light reflects off of those particles and fades, your paint...etc etc etc. Whatever it is, it works. I just wash my car as much as I can (sometimes 2-3 times a week). I use Meguier's car wash soap and that's all. Hell, I only use warm, soapy water on my chromies. Oh, and I use an Absorber© Synthetic Car Shammy to dry it off. ;)

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
Ruiner said:

Oh, and I use an Absorber© Synthetic Car Shammy to dry it off. ;)
Absorbers ownz joo! :)

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
I use the absorber too....very quality stuff. The best part about it too is it comes in a container so that you can keep in in the backseat. This way if a bird shits on your car - you get the absorber out and it is still moist and wipe the car off.

Do you do one final spray or do you take the sprayer off and let the water dump on the car, sorta *sheeting it off*?

-Jeff

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Here's the cheap shit's reply -

There's nothing in those pictures that you can't do yourself, provided:

- you have access to a quality 35 mm camera
- you have access to a darkroom

A roll of 36 Kodachrome slides is about ten bucks, and (last time I looked, anyway - technology doubtless has marched on) Ilford Cibacrhome 8*10 sheets of colour print paper were about 2 bucks each. Toss in a couple of dollars for chemicals, and you can see that 25 bucks for an 8*10 is largely profit.

Even if you merely know somebody who has the camera and the darkroom, you may be able to get the work done for a case of beer. Developing prints is not rocket science - it just requires the right equipment. And a lot of dark.

Oh yeah, one more thing - we all think his pictures look good because he did them after sundown, hence the lighting is far better than what most guys get when they take pictures of their car in the townhouse parking lot at noon. Certainly you can do the same, and with a better setting than a parking lot.

I'm not saying that he's ripping you off, just that any idiot can do it.

·
Bored User
1992 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
1,146 Posts
Brian: If I would've had to choose one, that would've been the one I liked the most as well. Good taste. :D

·
1 slick Mothafu*ka
2,287 Posts
Awesome Pics!!
I hope to have some pics of my new car with my 18"s installed by the end of the week:D
I'll keep you all posted.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts