Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Twin 16T
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i got a new project. Im getting dr 500's and im gonna max them out and see how far i can get with them. I need ideas thought so fell free to tell me whart i should put on my car.
I only have a stillen intake now. Im ready to mod!!!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
heh, that was my plan! It would be killer to squeeze off an 11.5 with those and piss everyone off that bought big laggy turbos :D :p. First get your car to BPU status (gut precats, DP, exhaust, electronic boost controller, wires, plugs) and running perfectly. Then you can start upgrading the fuel system with a supra pump, some 550 or 660 cc injectors and an AFC or ARC2 or to control them respectively. If you want the most out of your turbos plan on getting upgraded ICs. By this point you’ll need an upgraded clutch and flywheel. Try to lighten up your car (remove spare, and rear seats, get lightweight wheels and a CF drive shaft) hope this gives you a start.

·
Twin 16T
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What i am ordering blitz boost controller, denso fuel pump, atr single shot, atr down pipe, pre cat eliminators. I already have good plugs and wires and a clutch that will hold up to 600 lbs of tourque. Any other ideas

·
Nice Bum
556 Posts
Get propane injection and copper plugs gapped at somthing like .032. You should be set after that:D

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
propane and clutch

when you get in that stage (11s on DR500s) you will def. need to be using an ARC to open up the stock maf so they will hold more boost to redline. Gap the plugs down, spray some propane, get a solid clutch, probably an RPS C/C. Take some weight out of your car and make some runs...you'll need 550 cc injectors and at least a hotwired walbro fuel pump. good luck...I don't think 11s are at all our of reach with DR500s, Ryan Carn is running 12 flat at 3600 feet of elevation. Oh, get a lightweight pulley too...that can't hurt your speed.

·
Senior Member "Go Pig Go"
3,086 Posts
I'm shooting for 11.5-11.6's next year with the dr500's

its not that hard if you think about it...Phalse hit 11.6's with the 9b/13g combo using a mbc and a first gen style s-afc...Todd95vr4 hit 12.1 with 13g's first time out to the track

i hit 12.5 with horrible tuning and a lil over 15psi...pig fucking rich....its not like I'm not driving the hell out of the car..consistent 1.7 60 foots and a few 1.6's thrown in for fun........shes just dying up top because of my tuning and slipping clutch....

next year...new suspension(should help with the wheel squat)....propane injection.....new clutch (rps carbon/carbon or if i dont have any money the rps max series street disc...which will deffinitly hold and last longer than the 6 puck....trevor runs on this clutch and has for the last few years)....better tuning via my s-afc or save up for a aem ecu so i can log and shit all that should add up to 11's

basically you're not the only one trying to max out the dr500's :)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Upgrade your fuel system or your gonna be disapointed.

I made only a couple passes with my DR500's at 12psi, my best time (with a pathetic launch) was...

60' 2.1

1/8 8.8

mph 83.4

1/4 13.6

mph 103.9

This mph was what I was running with the old 9b's @ 15 psi

I plan on taking care of my fuel issues this summer. I'm sure the DP and gutted precats will help lot's with the DR500's, also need to do this on my car.

9b's can get you great times on stock fuel, with bigger then stock turbos your gonna want the ability to crank the boost 15+ to see some nice improvements and get your $$ worth out of them. Do the fuel upgrades if you can.

·
Registered
331 Posts
i also was thinking about taking dr500's has far as they could go. i am planning on getting them within the next couple of weeks. i also will be adding a complete fuel system at the install time. hopefully i can just get the turbo's in time. i will post to let you guys know how the car feels with them on.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Stop being a pussy and put the bottle behind it. Max them out like a man.:evil4:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.