Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
i like the strut bar ideas (front and rear) a optima cover would be cool to see.
i dont know if you fabricate any carbon fiber pieces but a cf lip would be sweet for a 1g

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
we dont do any carbon fiber work right now. but once we get our new shop open we will start working with it.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Some aluminum interior pieces like the ones smokin made would be nice, I liked how they looked but seem to be hard to find. A rear strut bar that can have seat belt harnesses attached like TEC but more affordable.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I like the rear strut bar idea. im sure i can create a nice round bar that will accomodate a racing harness.

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
optima battery boxes have been around for a long time. i've had one for 4 years. you can do ebay searches for them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Poli...ryZ33578QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

some kind of grill plate to cover the rear of the engine bay sounds good if it was like 1/4" aluminum and polished. definitely would need to have large slots or holes so heat can still get thru. would probably need a 2 piece design for the turbo guys.

·
Norcal3S.com
4,596 Posts
i have an amazing idea!!! how about seat brackets that FIT the stock location and DON'T raise the height 2 inches from stock!!!

also, although I won't be needing one anymore... how about a sheet metal replacement for the front active aero dam? If anyone noticed, the plastic piece is like 2" lower than the actual bumper. I removed mine for more ground clearance and removed the motor for weight reduction. I don't see it being very hard to design since there are already mounting holes.

tubular front lower control arms?

affordable poly motor mounts?

thinking ricey: maybe some better looking tow hooks?

·
Registered
761 Posts
something to fill the holes made by most 99 conversions using the 94+ lights would be great.

·
Registered
117 Posts
how about you make some 1 din gauge plates for beneath the radio. There are some floating around, but most are two high or hard to get.
Agreed A nice peice that gave room for 2/3 gauges, With a spot for a aftermarket head unit would be great... Definatly would be a good alternative from hanging them from your A pillar.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TRIPLE-DIN-RADIO-GAUGE-IN-DASH-POD-52mm-2-1-16_W0QQitemZ250161708179QQihZ015QQcategoryZ33675QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Something like this but instead of having 2 peices (radio holder & gauge holder) Incorperate them in one peice.

I would definatly buy if you made something like this.

Edit: found a better example http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc156/3kgtfreak/?action=view&current=P8260101.jpg
But like i said in a single piece, would be awsome.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
i have an amazing idea!!! how about seat brackets that FIT the stock location and DON'T raise the height 2 inches from stock!!!

also, although I won't be needing one anymore... how about a sheet metal replacement for the front active aero dam? If anyone noticed, the plastic piece is like 2" lower than the actual bumper. I removed mine for more ground clearance and removed the motor for weight reduction. I don't see it being very hard to design since there are already mounting holes.

tubular front lower control arms?

affordable poly motor mounts?

thinking ricey: maybe some better looking tow hooks?

I'm going to have to agree with the seat bracket thing.... after installing my corbeau's, I almost didn't like the position. Since then, I've gotten used to it and I don't notice anymore..but it would be really nice.

How about a harness bar and/or roll bar combo.???? that would be amazing. something that is drop in, rather than weld in. Ive seen them for evo's.

Tow hook would be nice for the track also..

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
1. You can fab brackets to fit 1st gen heads on a second gen as far as the CAS goes. I ran into this issue and had to custom fab one, but could be something people would be in the market for. Its rather easy to make.

2. Fab a setup so that we can run an electric water pump, probably hugely time consuming, but something our platform doesn't have yet.

·
Isnt this a CAR SITE?
478 Posts
Dont know if you work with piping, but I saw a strut bar for the rear seat footwells once and thought it was a neat idea.

Basically a strut bar down by the rear passengers feet, that goes from the base of the front seatbelt anchor, across the rear footwell, up over the hump, and down to the other side.

A big fat polished one. :)

Here is the only picture I could find (from ebay of course), but im talking about a nice, 3S custom one... Did I say polished? :eek:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
wow been a bunch of really nice ideas lately.

im thinking that the radio trim piece with some gauges and the floor bar mount shouldnt be too hard to figure out. the seats brackets is a possiblity as well.

as soon as i get these plenums ive been working on finished up im gunna start on this stuff pretty hard and see what i can get figured out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've seen quite a few first gens with no snake eyes that really need some kind of trim piece to fill the gap up stainless would be nice and carbon fiber 1st gen head like caps when yall start using cf

·
-Paul-
470 Posts
IM with the first gen parts snake eye covers FIRST GEN LIP PLEASE.
Nice gauge holder,ash tray options

·
king of street
112 Posts
BIG TWIN TURBO KITS, for cheep. jk just the first part.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Dont know if you work with piping, but I saw a strut bar for the rear seat footwells once and thought it was a neat idea.

Basically a strut bar down by the rear passengers feet, that goes from the base of the front seatbelt anchor, across the rear footwell, up over the hump, and down to the other side.

A big fat polished one. :)

Here is the only picture I could find (from ebay of course), but im talking about a nice, 3S custom one... Did I say polished? :eek:

Id be all over that if you made one.

·
SlowTT
1,183 Posts
let me know once you start with the rear engine covers for the firewall... im sick of looking at all the hoses wires and sensors back there. and the rear strutbar would be great and if you could incorperate a harness bar into it that would be even better.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
let me know once you start with the rear engine covers for the firewall... im sick of looking at all the hoses wires and sensors back there. and the rear strutbar would be great and if you could incorperate a harness bar into it that would be even better.
I 2nd that as well.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts