Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a new problem has rose. I have a 98 3kgt sohc a while back I accidentally hooked battery up backwards an killed the alternator to where it would smoke Everytime I hooked up the battery. Bought new alternator and installed it put everything back the way it should be started it didn't have a issue, next morning I go to start it an there is no life or anything at all. Any suggestions are welcomed

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,728 Posts
Check the voltage of your battery.
If it measures around 12 volts at rest, the next thing I would do is start checking fuses.
The first fuse I would check is the #1 fuse under the hood....

When you say NO LIFE, there are no lights? no radio?
Does the dash illuminate when you put the key it and turn it?
Does the engine try to do anything?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is absolutely nothing at all but yesterday before it died overnight, I'd turn the key an it read 12v on the dash but when I'd go to Crank it over it drop to low low volt

·
13,728 Posts
Have you taken the battery out and to an auto parts place (Autozone, Advanced, PepBoys, Oreilly's) to have them test it?

The car is NOT going to miraculously fix itself.....

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,149 Posts
Hey man I got 4 kids a wife an life I'm asking for advice for when I have time to work on it
Did I miss something? I thought both his post did exactly that. Maybe it would be better to ask one question at a time (whether relevant or not) and wait for answer to it, then continue on with your next question. Just not sure we know what you want to hear.:unsure:

·
13,728 Posts
So, I have 3 kids and a wife (albeit my 3 boys are all grown up and on their own) and a wife that still works.
I retired after 32 1/2 yrs doing the same job with the same title, Software Engineer.

I do THIS out of my passion for the platform, although as of late, some of the newer members are making me lose that passion.

Good luck with your car.

Bob.

Reactions: white93gt
1 - 8 of 8 Posts