Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my car off the other day (Wednesday) and I should get it back on Saturday. Hopefully it will last for a little while, but i really just wanted to get all the body parts the same color. Can't wait to get my new hood on and take some pictures:)

·
Registered
703 Posts
iam feelin

i am feelin a bright pink for his car...i was once lookin at my car and imagined it Purple with neon green poca-dots all over it...kinda coll...might get that custom done one day...well hell i could do it with a lot of spray paint...might just do that...

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will be a glossy black color. Next, I want to get the "dodge" symbol in the front painted white, and the "dodge" and "stealth" on the rear bumper painted white. It'll look sweet:):bandit:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Someone backed into me and totalled my front bumper. Before the accident the dodge symbol was body colored. After the bumper was replaced the body shop painted it silver for me. I didnt expect it to be silver but it was definetly a nice touch.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figure the contrast of black and white will give it some attitude:) I want to stop over at a place called Ahola signs and graphics and see if I like the racing stripes look... just testing the waters...:bandit:

·
Registered
703 Posts
have you seen?

Has anyone ever seen Modern Image Graphics on a Stealth or 3k? i know they are mostly civic and other Rics-mobile decals...but some of the designs are pretty bad ass and very agressive looking...and since most of us have the power to back up the aggressive look...do the modern image stuff look god on our cars and does anyone have a pic of them?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I get my car home, and guess what I notice!!! The snake eyes aren't even done! They sanded them down, and then they must have masked them off. BUMMIN! All in all it came out pretty nice... And they even shot the side skirts when you open the doors.... (previously white)...

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
UW8ANC said:
I figure the contrast of black and white will give it some attitude:) I want to stop over at a place called Ahola signs and graphics and see if I like the racing stripes look... just testing the waters...:bandit:
DO IT. :) I'm in mid process of having my TT painted black w/pearl white racing stripes with the 3000GT hoop wing, and so far I love it. :) Here's what the wing looks like... the rest of the car only has the white stripes and black strip in the center thus far (it's in the shop) so posting that won't help give you any ideas yet. ;) It'll be done this coming week so I'll post some pics of it then.. but yeah, the contract of black & white is awesome. I'm keeping my letters (Dodge, Stealth R/T, Twin Turbo, etc) all Pearl White as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If anyone's seen the latest issue of Super Street, the HKS drift S15 on the cover is the graphics scheme I'm looking for. I've ordered a big roll of chrome vinyl and I wanna try to do the HKS splash just like the NOB S15 has it.

Rice? Dunno. But it's vinyl. If it looks crap, I'll just peel it off!

EDIT: Here's a pic -

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Yeah, those decals look alright. The only decals I consider RICE are, as has already been said, the F&F style decals with weird characters and swords and stuff on the side. THOSE kinds of decals just make me roll me eyes when I see them. Mainly because they don't catch your eye because they look NICE, they catch your eye because you see a big freaking character with a pointy weapon plastered on the side of someone's car. It's more of a "WTF?!" reaction than a "COOL!" reaction.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know... I think I'm gonna do the white lettering, but I want to keep my carbon fiber hood the way it is... I forgot about it:):D ;) :bandit:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IT'S DONE!

GREAT! I love the look of it fully painted now... I'll have to get some pics up:) I sent some of the car into Dynamic Racing, but it hasn't made it up on the site yet. MATT, Are you listening???:D

That was before the paint job was fully complete though. It just gives me another reason to take pictures of the car;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts