Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I personally am not the new ower of a 92 3000GT VR4, my 21 year old son is, but we're a car family (I have a modified Saturn Sky and my fiance has a tricked out Veloster turbo) and we do this as a family effort. I'm sure my son will be along shortly with pictures and what not...

I've already found this site to be a great resource in the 32 hours he's owned the car. He got it for cheap so while it seems fairly sound, it does need a bit of work to get her up to snuff ECS isn't working...well, technically it's missing completely (problem 1 is no module after we get that we move on to the individual strut controllers), Active Exhaust has a broken cable and corroded actuator it looks like, interior looks like it was used for housing tigers with a scratching problem except for the back seat, carpet and headliner. Body is straight and engine seems to run strong with they typical lifter tick. We have a friend that is a mechanic and specializes in Japanese cars (he owns an R32 and R33) so any help on that side we have it. I have more experience with GM products but use to drool over the VR4 and owned a TSi Talon so have some familiarity with Mitsubishi cars of that area. Still, a metric ton of stuff to learn.

Currently we're working on getting the active aero working (since it was yesterday in the rear, the front is shot) and there is a clunk in the rear when you transition onto the gas (after a shift) or lift off the throttle. I think we're going to check the diff adjustment first and go from there. It has 170K on it so I'm sure there is a lot to go over.

Look forward to meeting more folks on this forum.

·
Super Moderator
21,032 Posts
Congrats to you and your family for adding the VR4 - the issues you describe are common, so you should find resources here to handle them. Where are you located? There may be 3/S people in your area you could link up with. Congrats again and everyone will likely demand pictures of the car!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats to you and your family for adding the VR4 - the issues you describe are common, so you should find resources here to handle them. Where are you located? There may be 3/S people in your area you could link up with. Congrats again and everyone will likely demand pictures of the car!
LOL, oh yea, pictures or it never happened! LOL

Thanks for the welcome.

We are in the Temecula area of Southern California. I'm willing to bet there are a couple members down this way.

·
Super Moderator
21,032 Posts
LOL, oh yea, pictures or it never happened! LOL

Thanks for the welcome.

We are in the Temecula area of Southern California. I'm willing to bet there are a couple members down this way.
Nice - I'm in LA (new to the area), bboyalan is in San Diego, etc. Lots of folks around.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice - I'm in LA (new to the area), bboyalan is in San Diego, etc. Lots of folks around.
Sweet. I hope to connect with some locals to help figure this stuff out and be involved in meets and stuff. I noticed they had a meet at the Mitsubishi HQ in Cypress...is that an annual thing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts