Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Alright. How do I order? Im new to this whole thing. I currently have a box in the car. Im not sure whats going in with it or how to diagnose. Screen in the cluster doesnt turn on. Its a 91 rt tt. I broke a two pin connector.
It sounds like to me your two pin connector is the boost solenoid harness, shorted and blew the internal fuse (assuming it's a LCDBC model that has a glass fuse inside). Take a photo and send it to me at [email protected] and I can identify if that's what it is. A replacement fuse should be 1 AMP or 2 AMP in size. You might only need a new harness and fuse to get running again.

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Is this a upgraded version of your old OBD scanner? I was about to buy that one from you, but the boost controller and real time ECU is really selling me. So far the main difference is the boost controller and real time data logging? Sorry if you already answered this question. It's late and I'm being lazy.
The original LCDBC was based on LCD screen technology and now the latest version uses OLED screen technology. The main purpose of this device is three things:
1. Use an inexpensive boost solenoid to run boost control. If you get severe knock, it can lower boost to protect your engine, if you want it to behave that way.
2. To view engine ECU data in real time as it happens, including the important knock data. If you get a CEL light, you can view it right away.
3. Allow datalogging to your notebook, and datalog boost, Wideband O2 data.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just picked up a 91 VR4 and i think this is one of the first things I want to do to it. Just have a couple of questions:
  1. Do you still have any of these in stock?
  2. Have you prototyped any other mounting locations?
  3. If I went with the air vent adapter, do I have to block off the air duct some how?
  4. I see that the coin tray adapter has a number for control, I assume that knob is still necessary to install somewhere if choosing another mounting option, is that correct?
I like the coin tray option but unfortunately i have the Active Aero stuff there so I can't use that option. I am leaning towards the 4x20 and concerned that the steering mount might be a little too big there.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I just picked up a 91 VR4 and i think this is one of the first things I want to do to it. Just have a couple of questions:
  1. Do you still have any of these in stock?
  2. Have you prototyped any other mounting locations?
  3. If I went with the air vent adapter, do I have to block off the air duct some how?
  4. I see that the coin tray adapter has a number for control, I assume that knob is still necessary to install somewhere if choosing another mounting option, is that correct?
I like the coin tray option but unfortunately i have the Active Aero stuff there so I can't use that option. I am leaning towards the 4x20 and concerned that the steering mount might be a little too big there.

Thanks!
1. I have roughly 20 OLEDBC units in stock. The 16x2 OLED screens I have in stock. The larger 40x4 OLED screens I don't stock, but I order them from digikey and they have them here within 2-5 days.
2. With the smaller 16x2 OLED screen, the ashtray is another mounting option. The rotary knob also mounts into the ashtray.
3. The air vent adapter, no blocking necessary, the disrupted airflow will just move to the adjacent air vent beside it.
4. The rotary knob needs to be mounted somewhere for navigating or making changes.
5. The smaller 16x2 OLED screen makes more sense for the steering mount. The larger 40x4 screen is more useful to those that need to keep an eye on many things at once, ie, external oil sensor, external fuel sensor, etc.

·
Registered
89 Posts
1. I have roughly 20 OLEDBC units in stock. The 16x2 OLED screens I have in stock. The larger 40x4 OLED screens I don't stock, but I order them from digikey and they have them here within 2-5 days.
2. With the smaller 16x2 OLED screen, the ashtray is another mounting option. The rotary knob also mounts into the ashtray.
3. The air vent adapter, no blocking necessary, the disrupted airflow will just move to the adjacent air vent beside it.
4. The rotary knob needs to be mounted somewhere for navigating or making changes.
5. The smaller 16x2 OLED screen makes more sense for the steering mount. The larger 40x4 screen is more useful to those that need to keep an eye on many things at once, ie, external oil sensor, external fuel sensor, etc.
Thanks for the quick reply. For the air vent adapter, are there any concerns when the heat is on with adding too much heat on the electronics? Do you happen to have any pictures of the ashtray mount option? I like the option of being able to install the knob with the screen so I wouldn't have to cut and route wires elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Here are pictures of the 16x2 LCD screen in the ashtray. The knob has been moved away from center and closer to the parking brake so the knob doesn't bother you while arm is resting. Also the OLED screen does not stick out as much as the LCD screen, the OLED screen is half the thickness.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My camera plays tricks on me, this here is a better representation of the color of the 16x2 amber/red.
How much is the ash tray mount? Do you like the amber/red display better than the white/gray? If I have no other mods at this point should I install a wideband at the same time as this or so I be safe without one for a while? I am not sure what I should look for in a wideband O2 sensor. I'm fairly new to turbo vehicles in general.

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Ash tray mount is $20 extra. I prefer the amber/red the best, as it matches the interior gauges more. A wideband is not necessary to install on a stock car, it's more for heavily modified vehicles that have larger turbos, larger injectors, fuel controller, etc.

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2 Posts
I’ve been reading on these for a while and will be wanting one at some point. I’m just a little confused at what I will need. I have a 1992 VR4 so I will need the obd1. I am wondering if you still have the climate control/ lcdbc. My climate control doesn’t work so I could kill two birds with one stone. Any advice on what I need would be appreciated! Great product btw!!

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Someone else makes the climate control display, I just can't remember their website or name. My LCDBC or OLEDBC can interface with it, and you won't need a display anymore -- thus saving you some $$$.

·
One fix at a time
8,293 Posts
They don’t really make them anymore Antero and haven’t for awhile. He did a couple orders but basically stopped. It isn’t “discontinued” per say but the owner doesn’t know when he can start back up. Hewas having a very hard time coming up with all the parts that were needed and it was causing months of delays on orders.

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2 Posts
They don’t really make them anymore Antero and haven’t for awhile. He did a couple orders but basically stopped. It isn’t “discontinued” per say but the owner doesn’t know when he can start back up. Hewas having a very hard time coming up with all the parts that were needed and it was causing months of delays on orders.
Ah okay thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there fellow Canadian!

Just joined the forum specifically to order one of these bad boys. I'm in Amherstburg, Ontario, about 30 minutes from the Detroit/windsor crossing.

Was looking at a unit and the ash tray part as well. What would pricing be?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1992 Stealth R/T Turbo
934 Posts
Someone else makes the climate control display, I just can't remember their website or name. My LCDBC or OLEDBC can interface with it, and you won't need a display anymore -- thus saving you some $$$.
I didn't realize that was one of the features, well done👌

41 - 60 of 64 Posts