Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all new here ! I’ve had my 1993 3000gt sl for awhile now since 2017 and I’ve done a good amount of work on her in the few years but I’m sorta stuck here so far I’ve search the forums and it might’ve already been talked about I might’ve overlooked it sorry in advanced :( I got these headlights and pigtail harness too connect the lights up but I’ve only been able to get either low beams or high beams to work in the high beam position on the selector I’ve connected the wires multiple different ways and can’t seem to get both to work only one or the other … any help would be greatly appreciated .. here’s a picture of my car and the lights I got for it

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
3,065 Posts
I got these headlights and pigtail harness too connect the lights up but I’ve only been able to get either low beams or high beams to work in the high beam position on the selector I’ve connected the wires multiple different ways and can’t seem to get both to work only one or the other …
Don’t know anything about lights you bought. But I can tell you the headlight operation of your ’93 uses double element bulbs and only grounds one circuit at a time when low or high beam is selected. The column stark switch selects which circuit to ground, so at no time do both circuits get grounded. That’s most likely why the lights you bought won’t function as you desire, as they probably were not designed with double element one for each intensity level. Most likely they were designed to work with 4 headlight cars as shown, instead of 2 headlight cars like your '93.

·
Registered
912 Posts
These are the ones I installed.
Refer to my instructions for building the custom harness.
You will lose the high beams because of the nature of the 3/S wiring.
The low beam is plenty bright enough. Take a look at the photos of my setup in the thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts