Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I've tried. Sorry to disappoint but I just can't seem to figure out how to get this relay working.

With the "tour" light on, no B+ from pin 6, antenna is down. With "tour" light off, B+ from pin 6, antenna goes up.

I can't get a relay to work correctly from pin 6. The relay will trip, but only if I connect/disconnect relay 85. If I flip the switch, no relay click. the "tour" light will dim but not extinguish completely (as it does stock) with relay connected. Not sure what that means.

·
Never gonna stop...
1,593 Posts
Bringing this one back, 'cause i'm stumped.
I'm trying to get my steering wheel controls to work with my new Alpine HU. I got the SWI-RC like you do Steve, but I cant get it programmed. I've checked the wiring 10 times over, even removed and completely reinstalled it. I've tried programming it at least 20 times over. I get to the setting of the buttons, and after I program (skip) the last button (I've tried not skipping it too), the LED flashes 4 times slowly, then starts flashing rapidly and wont stop. Even if I turn off the key and turn it back on, it immediately returns to the flashing rapidly state. I have to completely reset it.
I'm using the yellow wire on the SWI, power is tapped into the radio harness, ground is solid, also shared with the HU, no loops cut, and selector switch is on 1 for Alpine.
Should I be programming it without it plugged into the HU? that seems to be what the instructions indicate...but I've tried both.
The LED does cycle during programming so I know it's getting a good signal.
This is on my 99 if it makes a difference.

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
oh...your first post says it flashes 4 times slowly. In that case maybe try using a different radio code? IDK just throwing ideas out there...

Not trying to insult your intelligence, but that yellow wire is connected to the car's yellow/white. Right?

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
doh! I should have got that. I do know I went thru the process a few times before I got it to "take".

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi, i'm brazilian. i'm trying to make work the control steering wheel stock in my DVD Pioneer 5780TV, this HU have WR connector (3,5") and internal configurations for control steering. the harness black plug was cut, then have 2 yellow wires.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts