Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you that r worried about bypassing your stck amp. i have a sony explode cdx-m600. i just instaklled it. pluged in eveything and it works fine. antenna wire fits, speakers work. the only thing is your dask speakers dont work but those you could bridge to your door speakers. unit works fine.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
do you have a factory cd changer? does it still work? how do you bridge the speakers? i just installed a new HU and the bass is really low, what gives? something about the amp?

·
Registered
584 Posts
You should disconnect your stock amp from your speakers. If you still have the stock amp hooked up then you are powering your speakers by 2 amps. The one built into your aftermarket deck and the amp that came with the car. At least this is what happened on my old car that came with a stock amp. I had to run the wires from the amp to the front of the car and wire up each speaker individually into the new wiring harness of the new deck. Not sure if the 3s's are any different.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yea it could be a possiblilty. In my other car you could barely hear it when I had both amps hooked up. I dont have much expierence with the 3s stock amp. All I did is cut the wires from the stock amp and ran them up to the back of the deck. Its not that hard really, you just have to know what wires go to which speakers. They should all be color coded.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
theyre color coded red and white correct? i saw those wires sticking out of the back of the unit.
the stock amp is under the passenger seat correct? is it easy to get to? it looks so cramped.

thanks a lot for the help. i really appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.