Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these not to long ago and finally installed them a week ago.They have about 20 miles on them and the struts are stock kyb's that have 19,000 miles on them.Everything is in new condition.I found out that JIC makes a full coilover kit,so I am going with them so I can lower the car a little bit easier at shows.They are fully assembled and ready to go.The coilovers were $400 new,and it was about $150 to have them assembled.New struts are over a $100 each.So that equals about $950 total.You will get them and be able to install them the same day.If you are local I will do it for free.I will take $650 for them.

Later

·
Registered
381 Posts
There is a group buy going on right now for the GC's at $340, and the stock struts can be bought for $280 from Tirerack. As for assembly, please, my friend had his installed(including assembly) for about $150.

So brand new we're talking $620, I can offer u $400 shipped.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I'm willing to drive to you or meet somewhere in between us. I just bought brand new ECS struts for my car is it possible to just get the ground control from you? Did I read it correctly, you will install them? If so I'll be at your door with $300 for the springs/install whenever you like!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont have the spring compressors.I paid to have the springs taken off.I was talking about putting the struts with the coilovers that are already on the struts on the car.I would put them all together for you if I had the tools.I am trying to sell them as a complete set but I will think about it.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Nah sorry, my original springs have been on my new ECS struts for a couple thousand miles. Sorry for being unclear. I am able to get a spring compressor to cover that much. What other tools are needed? I am 100% willing to help.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Using the spring compressors you get from pepboys or whatever are dangerous.I wouldnt recommened using them.It would cost you the same to have a shop take them off.I would just take them to a shop and have them taken off and then I could meet you half way and put them together for you.It would probablly be like $20 or so.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Woops looks like I misunderstood you as well. I was under the impression that you could install them completely, on my car for me.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ill put them on the struts that have the springs already off and put the ground controls on yours and then install them on your car.You would have to drive to my house.Let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Okay sounds like a good idea just that I dunno if I'll be able to get the springs off my car. Is there a place by you that will do it? I don't have any spare parts I'd like to drive my car to you with stock springs and drive home with GC. :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There are places near me where we could have the springs taken off.You will drive here,we will drive to the shop have the springs taken off,come back here put the GC's on and put the whole assembly on.When do you want to do this?

thanks,Ryan

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I will have plenty of free days in January, no classes and I will be able to get a full day off of work if I tell them in advance. Pick a day thats good for you in January (Mid preferably), and I'll make sure I get off work. How far of a drive do you think you are from NYC?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn.I dont know if I can wait till the middle of January.I need the money from the ground controls for adjustable camber arms.Hum.What should we do?I am about 2-2 1/2 hours from you.

Later

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I have to wait man. I have classes and work, finals soon, and then the holidays. Well maybe we can do it on a day inbetween X-Mas and New Years?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts