Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
haha have no idea or any of how to use a forum but I am after something specific if you could help that'd be great glad to have amused you anyway

·
Registered
1 Posts
Movies and there audios

Hi, I Like the movie Avatar. The graphics and characters which have been used in that movie is awesome. People can also use the converters like MP3, MP4 for converting from one audio to another format. In the same way, people can also use MP4 converters for converting videos from one format to another.Srboffin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry im new to he forums... I own a 99 3000gt automatic with SOHC and want to install a turbo and found someone online who is selling used ones and i was wonderin if it would be possible to install them. Here are the parts: Stock 9B TD04 turbos and an OEM AMIC kit

·
3SWiki.org
9,720 Posts
Sorry im new to he forums... I own a 99 3000gt automatic with SOHC and want to install a turbo and found someone online who is selling used ones and i was wonderin if it would be possible to install them. Here are the parts: Stock 9B TD04 turbos and an OEM AMIC kit
Welcome to the forums, BK.

I'm not sure how you ended up in this thread, but you might get a better response by posting your question in the Modifications & Technical Support area:

Modifications and Technical Support - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

People have turbo'd their SOHC's before, here is an example:
http://www.3si.org/forum/f53/sohc-single-turbo-conversion-completed-476777/

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone i have a few questions id like to ask and hopefully find answers to before i go and get this beast.

i am looking at a 1997 3000gt vr4 with alil over 80K miles. Needs new front struts. looks really clean as far to rust and oil leaks from i can see. was leaking a drop of water which my dad thinks is from the a/c bc he had it on when showing us. It also needs the down pipe replaced bc it is barely attached. When he first started it, it stalled out after a second. could that be due to the exhaust leak?

he wants 11,500 for it. should i try n talk him down more? also i noticed anti-lock light on. im going back down again next week to look at it again. not sure what the problem is for that but i think my dad can scan for it?

thanks for reading.

·
There will be Blood!
1,235 Posts
The mods here should be helping you out by posting this where it belongs...

But to answer your question, he is asking way to much for something you will end up spending "a lot" to get in top condition. The stalling has nothing to do with the exhaust leak.

If you were to take this to a shop, you are looking at a couple thousand at least to get it to the condition that matches the asking price. 60k tuneup alone is going to run you about $800 - $1100. Depending on what's going on with the brakes, $200 - $600. The question should be asked "why is the down pipe in such poor condition?". Add another couple hundred for the down pipe, plus install, and $500 or so for the struts installed... All drive train fluids should be changed.

All that is just from what you have explained. The stalling out could cost much more at a shop to figure out if it's not obvious to find.

My advise is to take it and pay $75-$150 to a shop to give it a shake down. Then negotiate the price after you are educated on what it will take to get it running/driving. If he does not agree to this... WALK AWAY!

In that condition IMO it's worth about 6k

21 - 28 of 28 Posts