Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I think it's time to make a return trip to F1Boston in Braintree for a little go kart racing.

I'll call them and see what I can do about reserving space for a Saturday night in January. Shouldn't be a problem with my annual membership, but let's try and nail down a date and format.

Short of renting the entire track for an hour and having our own little bracket race (really cool, but really EXPENSIVE), the best we would probably do is to get the track for a couple 15 minute segments. Cost would then be $10 for a daily license plus $25 per 15 minute race.

Please post either preferred dates or dates you can't make it, and any other suggestions.

Let's make this happen!!
Hal

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm in!

Where you been buddy?

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shane,
Cool!! Looking forward to it. Been way busy with work and home improvements. But GOTTA make time to go rip that track up again. My wife and I pulled in there last Friday night on the way back from the Cape, I really wanted to don the suit and helmet, but she wasn't interested in racing, so just watched a bit and continued home.

If you're headed out sometime drop me a line and I'll try and meet you.

Any dates in January good or bad for you to go to F1??

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm in :D I havent seen you guys in a while, we should hit Jillians too while we are there.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Definitely in.

·
Happy Happy Joy Joy
211 Posts
Count me in for this one for sure,... I'm still pissed i missed the October quickening.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So how about this...

OK, how about this for a potential plan...

DATE: January 19

PLACE: Duh...

Time: Arrive between 6:30 and 7:00, get a couple of race times (like 7:30 and 8:00)

I've still gotta call F1, but my theory would be to get a bunch of slots reserved, probably on the city track (with the hills and the hairpin turn). The one on the right as you look out at the tracks. I'd like to race a couple of times, so I figured if we get out there for the 7:30 race (they last 15 minutes) then take a 15 minute break and race again at 8:00.

Cost is $25 per 15 minute session, plus your license fee (which is $10 for a "daily" license, or $35 or so for an annual). I got a half hour of pool free for getting my annual license, so we can at least get one table for a half hour there, but I'm down for heading into Boston afterwards also...

One thing, though, is if I reserve a bunch of spots then you better either show up, find someone else to show up in your place, or just pay me anyway for the missed spot. Right now I don't consider anyone "definitely" reserved, but it may come to that soon where I'll need some sort of $$ from ya, or at least your word that you will back it up.

I'm really looking forward to this, thanks for stepping up!

Hal

btw, I think they will put 8 or 10 carts out at a time, so maybe we can come close to getting the whole track locked up!!

·
Eat strawberries
855 Posts
sorry guys, if you are planning on going on the 19th i can't make it. I turn 21 then and I am spending the week-end at Foxwoods ( heh, on my grandparents of course!) Maybe next time though. Later guys. Hope you have fun

·
Registered
350 Posts
I really hope that I can make this one Hal, I always wanted to try the cart racing :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
IM in

Im in for that...That place is crazy ...let me know ..... [email protected] or on aim

Rich you have to go lol your the only person i know....simple go there then we go down to fox woods ....then stay at my house lol

·
Demoted user
595 Posts
I'm in. Just let me know if the 19th is final.

-Stefan

·
Registered
764 Posts
Is this a set date yet?

·
Official 3SI Mouth
2,168 Posts
Hate to say it, but MJ and I will be on a flight returning to Providence from Ohio round about the time the festivities begin. Gonna have to pass on this one. :(

-K

·
Registered
764 Posts
To be honest, a weeknight might work better for me too.

Hal, you out there? Anyway we can change from the 19th?

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, I'm back to try and make this work...

Sorry for the absence guys, I should know better than to try and set something up when you have to do planning just before Xmas/New Year's.

I'm gonna get on this tonite. That means that I'll email all of the people who said they are interested in going, and see if we could pick another nite. Of course, I'm not opposed to having to go twice.:D

Rest assured that I'll be in touch with all of you to try and make this happen when it works for everyone, and we'll get it going.

Thanks,
Hal

ps If you know of times that are good or bad for you, email me direct at [email protected]

·
Open it up!
334 Posts
Most weeknights are cool for me. I also work in Boston so that's actually easier for me as well. Can't do it on the 24th or 25th though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts