Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I know many of you have been waiting on the DN Perf. Polished N/A federal DP, and it now on it's way :) The DP should be ready in 2-3 weeks.

After talking w/ Don and many interested customers I will be doing a GB for the DP's.

The DP will normally cost $300 plus shipping.

The Group Buy price is going to be for 10+ people and the price will be $255 plus $10 for shipping. So thats $265 for the DN Perf. N/A federal DP shipped.

As soon as the DP is finished I will post pics, but feel free to look on the DN Perf. site www.dnperformance.com at his other DP's for an idea of the quality of work the DN Perf. products are made with. This is top of the line performance parts gentlemen as many of you already know.

For those interested or those that want to sign up, you can post here or you can email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Ty
Speed Factor

·
Deal with it
3,128 Posts
Is DN the cali emissions or....? I remember there being some discussion about cali emission dp's. One is and one isnt. But then again, I thought DN was making both????

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
once I get me another job, i'll be all over that....but now..I need to spend wisely.

Matt

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This GB is going to be for both the Cali emissions DP which is the one that is available now, and the Fed DP which is the one that is being made now. They are both going to be the same price normally, so either one can be purchased in the GB

Kash, your #1

1. BigKash

Just add your names to the list guys

Ty
Speed factor

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
I took a look at the picture on the website, and that is GORGEOUS!!! Aiya, I need my paycheck. If I go for this, it will be the CA spec one.

·
Registered
282 Posts
What is the difference in HP increase for the DN compared to the e2k sold by 3sx. The DN conforms to the California emissions as the e2k does not so obviously there is gonna be some differences in these. I don't live in Cali. so if the HP increase is less on the DN then I would most likely go w/ the 3sx for $45 more.

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
*sigh*

Silly, ph34r, downpipes are for kids!

DNP has two DIFFERENT systems. One is for california cars, the other is for all the other cars that don't have precats. The downpipe for cars with precats is shaped differently than the fedspec version, but there is no other restriction to make it CARB legal or anything. In other words, he has a version that will work for you.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I still would like to know what kind of gains this gets versus the 3sx dp. I have Don's hard pipe N/A intake and I love it. I know the quality is there, but how about the power gains?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dabigv13 is right. There will be 2 different downpipes. One will be for cali emissions which allows the precat to be connected, per cali emissions requirements, where as the fed DP will have the front curve/mounting point as a part of the DP. Both DP's will merge into the Y shape eliminating the main restriction of the whole stock DP. As for HP gains, I cant speculate on a garunteed # because there is no dyno to support any HP #'s. My best educated guess would be maybe 10-12hp if you use a cat, and say 15-18, possibly 20 with a test pipe or high flow cat. Once again these #'s are an estimation. Also, please indicate when you sign up if you want a cali emissions DP or a fed spec DP.

Thanks,

Ty
Speed Factor

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
If this is everything that I need to just bolt it on my car then I'm in. I want a dp and I might as well buy one when it's a lesser price. :D

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Icecool2: The DP will be a direct bolt on. It will not eliminate the Main cat, so you will have to either use your cat or test pipe. Other than that, there will be no mods needed for the DP to fit.

So far this is what we have.

1. BigKash
2. Freak Show
3. Icecool2

Kepp signing up guys. What the plan is, is to run this GB until say a week or 2 after the DP is finished and I can post pics, or if we get 10 or more by the time it is done and you guys want to end this one now so you's can get your DP's I will do that and maybe just do another GB.

Ty
Speed Factor

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
possibily 20 with no cat? :devil:

what about no cat PLUS no muffler. :evil1: :headbang:

:D :D

If i dont have to pay for another 3 weeks.. put me down for one.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it is very safe to say that you wont have to pay for at least another 3 weeks. I will definitely let this run for at least 3 weeks.

If you want in please just add your name to the list.

Ty
Speed Factor

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
you can add my name to the list then.

TTT

I have a limit of $270 here so for me to buy we're gonna need to get that GB thing working.

edit: also, you think this will change the sound of the car too? How much APROX do you think it'll be to get installed?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It will change the sound of the car if you go with a high flow cat or a testpipe, if you dont, I am not sure. As for the install, dude, if you have a jack and a socket set, you can install it yourself in maybe 30 minutes, 1 hour tops. All you're doing is unbolting the old DP and popping the new one on and bolting it up

1. BigKash
2. Freak Show
3. Icecool2
4. Manxk

That's 4 guys, need 6 more. This is your chance to get a good product that everyone has been wanting at a great price :) 15% off of retail

Ty
Speed Factor

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Greedy_Bones said:
It will change the sound of the car if you go with a high flow cat or a testpipe, if you dont, I am not sure. As for the install, dude, if you have a jack and a socket set, you can install it yourself in maybe 30 minutes, 1 hour tops. All you're doing is unbolting the old DP and popping the new one on and bolting it up

nice. :)

1 - 20 of 335 Posts