Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody I have a 1992 3000GT VR4 and I need a new AC compressor. Can anybody refer me to a vendor or recommend a product that they have personally have experience with?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had to get one 2 years ago, it was a rebuilt through oreillys as it was the only place I could get one from ANYWHERE I could find at the time.

and the high pressure relief valve failed within a couple months, because I think they only do the bare minimum of rebuild and I bet that part was old. and I never got any warranty money out of it, or labor reimbursement. the only thing they would do was take the whole compressor back as core rebuild that one and send it back. because they didn't have any other cores at the time. but that would have left me disabled so I found a compatible valve and replaced that. it has been fine since.

now oreillys doesn't rebuild these things themselves or anything. they were just the middle man who happened to have one in a warehouse. that would be murray

·
Registered
237 Posts
IDK it claims to fit, its new and comes with a reviever drier and expansion valve and oil and orings. if the pics are to be believed. that's cool. maybe not necessary to replace but nice.

this is the rebuild I got note it is cheaper but reman and not extra stuff

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/murray-climate-control-5734/air-conditioning-16770/compressors---clutch-16796/a-c-compressor-12403/796587886e88/murray-climate-control-a-c-compressor-remanufactured/67487/5778185/1992/dodge/stealth?q=a/c+compressor&pos=0

I couldn't tell you what is good or not. if yours didn't grenade internally, like it just leaked its gas or the clutch doesn't work, there is no real need to replace the other components. that is my understanding

1 - 4 of 4 Posts