Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,963 Posts
I remember seeing this car at NG07 I believe. I sat in it because I was thinking about a cage and wanted to sit in one. Glad someone is using it, hate that he had to tear it apart. Loved the single turbo headers he put together for it.

Coop

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So DIYAUTOTUNE came through with sponsorship in the forum of heavy discounts for my car. I’m going to upgrade to the ms3 Ultimate (more inputs and outputs) and put my current ms3 evo in the 4Gswap with a universal harness. (Will require quite a bit of wiring but will be cool to have ms3pro in the car).

Sooo the AEM v2 I just bought is for sale. Doink. Hit me up!! :)

And yeah this car was pretty beat up and missing a lot more than I thought it was. It’s missing front brakes. Missing turn front turn signals. Wiring is trashed. No carpet. Dash is cut up a bunch for the cage. Barely able to be bolted in and is floppy. Fuel hanger has been out of car for who knows how long. No fuel level sender. No fuel filter. Not sure or even has fuel lines. No driveshaft.

I have front brakes. Everything else I’m going to have to buy/build.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm thinking about doing aluminum hard lines under the car for the fuel feed for something different than I usually do. 25ft of aluminum 1/2" tube (bendable) is $32 on amazon. A couple -8AN weld on fittings and I'd need just short sections of PTFE hose. Just something interesting to try to make this project more fun since it's just a 4Gswap that I've already done before. (and a lot of boring crap I don't like doing)

The other thing I'm going to try is to see if I can get the ms3pro to run the auto trans for my son. They have a microsquirt add-on for GM auto's but I really only need 3 outputs (2 shift solenoids and the lock up tq converter solenoid; will run full line pressure all the time so no need for pressure reducing solenoid). Not sure if anything is remotely set up in ms3 to do what it needs to do though. I have a ForcedFour Shiftbox if I can't make it work.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Because I've had good luck welding on male AN fittings and everything will be AN flexible lines.

·
Premium Member
17,963 Posts
I’ve always thought bigger factory like hardlines would be a good sell, they would be hard to ship given the length but I would much rather have that than what people do right now.

Coop

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Would be tough to make it “bolt on” IMO with the lack of room in the under channel with rear steering lines. Plus all the bends if it’s a full hardline kit. If I do a hardline, it will just be 80%. The rest will be flex.

·
Premium Member
6,889 Posts
Slightly off topic, but have you messed with that Forced Four 100.1 much? I think I'm going to adapt one to a diesel Pajero that's had a later trans swapped in, and is using toggle switches at the moment...

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Not really off topic. It's on the list of potential options for trans control. I haven't used it personally but in 4g land a couple have give great reviews on it. Plus shawn is a great guy and customer service is above and beyond.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

Talon finally stripped of what we want and out of garage. A local is likely buying it for some of the left over parts. If not, it has scrap value.

MS3Pro ecu with universal harness came in. Going to have “fun” making a harness for the engine. I have used connectors for all of the sensors. Also have a whole stock harness. Haven’t decided on how I tackle it. I may end up using the whole harness and just making all of the needed connections at the ecu. Where that “might” save time is all of the sensors will already have power, ground etc, instead of me having to branch off. I’ll still likely have to add in some relay’s because I’ll be bypassing the MFI relays and the engine bay fuse box. We’ll see. Yay. Lol

Going to wrap up the upgrades on my car in the next month or so. Then push in the red 3000 to begin its resurrection. He gets his license in June. So have a little time yet to finish both cars.

Need to make a list of parts we need. It’s missing quite a bit.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,239 Posts
I LOVE this father/son project!

My boys have all left the nest, so all of my "playing" is usually out of necessity.

REALLY looking forward to all the progress posts!!

Good Luck and Have Fun :)

Bob.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,745 Posts
Thew towed it out of the environment, into a different environment.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I LOVE this father/son project!

My boys have all left the nest, so all of my "playing" is usually out of necessity.

REALLY looking forward to all the progress posts!!

Good Luck and Have Fun :)

Bob.
Thanks Bob! He was never interested in learning about how everything worked until now. Crash course every weekend. This weekend ended up explaining the difference between block, short block and long block. Basics of a tq converter. Basics of wiring.

Lots to learn but he’s getting his hands dirty on some basic stuff on the tear down and I’ll probably have him do the actual bolting of drivetrain in the car so he can say he did it.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts