Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

1G Foglights b!tches
Discussion Starter #21
Hey, Wayne's car. Sad to see it, wonder what happened to the single turbo setup.

Sad to see it get a new life as a daily with some racing?

Registered
Hey, Wayne's car. Sad to see it, wonder what happened to the single turbo setup.

Still sad that he sold it after making it nice 馃檪 Wonder where Wayne lurks these days... Glad that you're reviving it if it's been partially parted and collecting dust.

One fix at a time
I've still got his single setup that I bought late 2015 while I was working in NY and Jersey. I only recently was able to relocate back to the midwest where my car was at and am working towards some progress. I have his 1st revision manifolds and crossover as well I need to sell.

I'm running his transmission with both upgraded diffs and that has been working great other than some occasional adjustments I need to make. I may have one or two more worn bushings to replace at the shifter and the tower.

My car recently lifted the heads and got pretty bad so I'm in the process of replacing the head gaskets, dialing in the VE a little further on the tune as well as checking the maf scaling/ecu load, run it over the summer while I put the 3.5 back together and get the DR heads sent to be pinned, switch over to AEM v2 or Infinity, and then switch turbo setups. I bought another 4-bolt block and forged crank I was going to build a Pampena 3.1 but decided against it since I'd like to try out a few more setups.

1G Foglights b!tches
Discussion Starter #24
Still sad that he sold it after making it nice 馃檪 Wonder where Wayne lurks these days... Glad that you're reviving it if it's been partially parted and collecting dust.
It's definitely been collecting dust. Matt tells me it's a bit rough compared to the pics but that's okay. Doesn't have to be a show car. I'm too hard on stuff for that anyway.

Think Donnie has me convinced to KISS and do ECMLink (factory ecu) ~$600, hide a MBC in engine bay (free, I have a couple), and I'll do forcedfour 100.1 shift box/standalone TCU ($299). That's not bad. I'll grab some big injectors. Already have an FPR and a couple big fuel pumps to choose from. FP Black is rising to the top on turbo options. Trading axles for some Kiggly springs, whenever I finally get around to pulling the axles.

With a 2.4LR, bolt on FPblack, stock intake and mild cams, should have a fat powerband.

I kill brakes
Sad that it got to the point to needing a new life.

Last I saw it in person, it was spinning all 4 wheels inside the drag radials launching off the line while sounding like a jet fighter, and we were debating on whether or not to try and grip it harder and if the driveline would take it. I brought spare rear axles but can't remember if he broke any or not.

So yea, the fact that the first time in many years I've seen it, it's sitting there as a roller is sad, doesn't matter who owns it now or what future plans are in store for it.

1G Foglights b!tches
Discussion Starter #27
Unfortunately, the fate of most of these cars that get highly modified. Parted and sold or moth balled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kill brakes
Sucks, but honestly the only thing keeping my cars together is I doubt anyone would actually buy anything if I parted it. No way I believe anyone would buy my Stealth together.

1G Foglights b!tches
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Been thinking about this project more. Going to downscale the goals and costs. My car expenses got a bit out of hand recently so this project is going to get scaled back. Doesn鈥檛 mean it won鈥檛 be fun to build and drive.

So still 2.4 block but I think I鈥檒l do stock internals. I still have the original rods and pistons and original 4Gswap 2.4 block. I鈥檒l just do a 2.4 stock bottom end build.

Stock heads and cams (for now) but get adjustable gears. I鈥檒l keep an eye out for a used mild cam upgrade though.

Keep the evo3 16g that鈥檚 on the 2.0.

Keep the MAF based setup but do bigger injectors (stock leak anyway) and ECMLink for ecu. Swap the engine harness. Simple intank 450 (I already have one).

Probably still do a forcedfour 100.1 standalone TCU.

So cost savings will come from skipping a built bottom end, upgraded turbo, cams, and speed density. Will be limited on power to approx 300hp on the 16g/2.4 stock head/cam combo, but should be plenty fun and can always upgrade later.

My son still wants to take it to the shootout and race in Max Effort. I think he鈥檚 trying to kill me.

1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
keep that thing low on cost man, when he starts working I would have him save some for the cost of parts. Maybe you pay half of whatever parts he wants? Wouldn't want him dumping all his money in a car like a lot of us do sometimes lol Cool to see him get interested with racing, keep hin the garage wrenching with you! Don't want him to get addicted, but cars are always a cool hobby/passion to have.

1G Foglights b!tches
Discussion Starter #31
We pay for the kids鈥/family cars. Anyone can drive anything depending on their requirements for the day. Daughter has been driving the AMG because that鈥檚 the available vehicle, but she鈥檒l use my truck when needed for kayaking/4 wheeler/etc or if I want the AMG. They pay for gas. The extra costs for making the 4Gswap fast were for me, not my son. lol.

1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
We pay for the kids鈥/family cars. Anyone can drive anything depending on their requirements for the day. Daughter has been driving the AMG because that鈥檚 the available vehicle, but she鈥檒l use my truck when needed for kayaking/4 wheeler/etc or if I want the AMG. They pay for gas. The extra costs for making the 4Gswap fast were for me, not my son. lol.

haha makes sense, I would do the same if there's the possibility I may hop in it for a drive :p

1G Foglights b!tches
Discussion Starter #33

Finally in our possession!

1G Foglights b!tches
Discussion Starter #34
Worked with my son on testing down the talon donor. He was working on getting to the ecu

It鈥檚 finally ready to get up on jackstands to remove everything to get to axles, tcase etc so we can remove the engine/trans together.

Put a battery in the 3000GT and checked that the windows and lights work. All good except that it doesn鈥檛 have high beams. (No bulbs).

No engine harness so going to put in talon harness and stock Ecu. Probably just the simple forcedfour shiftbox for shifting.

Trying to resist spending a bunch of money building a car for a 16yr old. 16g stock engine power should be plenty for him for awhile.

I think we do both want to take cars to Rocky Mountain Race Week next year. Should be a blast!!

1G Foglights b!tches
Discussion Starter #36
I have two already that will be plenty for a 16g and more. Thanks though.

1G Foglights b!tches
Discussion Starter #37
Slow going but we have a 2g dsm engine harness. I just bought a used AEM v2 for a 3000gt. Will need to play with pinout a little. I have a set of bosch 210lb injectors, a couple different fuel pump options, an aem wideband, a magnus fuel rail and an aftermarket FPR on the shelf. Just need to order fuel lines and some fittings and we'll have the fuel side covered.

Need to get a maximal solid mount for trans, and an auto trans mount. (sold some of these parts thinking I wouldn't need them again, lol)

anyone have a fuel tank level sensor? the fuel hanger we have with car is missing everything to do with the float/sender/wiring.

1G Foglights b!tches
Discussion Starter #38
BTW, here's a site that I've been using for my fittings and pre-made lines. PFTE lines good for fuel or brake lines even (that's what's on my car). For the price, it's not worth trying to make them yourself and they are tested to 1500psi. They'll customize too if needed. I had them do tighter 90* fittings on my brake lines.

link for -6AN but they have other sizes too.

1G Foglights b!tches
Discussion Starter #40
yeah i did all of my brakes lines in -3AN from them. simple and easy.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts