Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
vice prez: TPW
8,092 Posts
Looking good. Can't wait to see your finished drawing.

Makes me want to work on mine some more.

So far I'm not getting 3000gt from what you've drawn. In fact it just looks like the "fake" 3000gt that ended up just being a photoshopped ferarri.
As the person who made the "fake" 3000GT and article, you have to admit, it is still getting a lot of traffic. haha

-John

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I disagree with you when you say it looks just like the Ferrari GTO concept, but I like hearing everyone's opinion.

nope... not even close...

·
VR4 Fixing Fettish
786 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
... and the styling cues on the 1st gen vr4/stealth didn't resemble a smoothed out F40 at all right? :p
it even has a moustache! lol

Also... it needs more banana ! :-D

·
VR4 Fixing Fettish
786 Posts
I really wish I could like posts in threads now lol

·
AF Medic
1,229 Posts

nope... not even close...

A lot of cars have that basic shape. Don't fault the guy. Its a 2 door sports car, how many shapes can you really have... plus its a concept. Concepts never look like the final product.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts

A lot of cars have that basic shape. Don't fault the guy. Its a 2 door sports car, how many shapes can you really have... plus its a concept. Concepts never look like the final product.[/quote]

I don't think any of the cars you posted look like it. There were some very distinct features that look just like the ferrari concept to me.

I was just giving my opinion and why I thought that way, that's all.

·
Car Whore
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
im liking the way it curves to the doorhandle
Haha, good. I like how you noticed something more subtle about it too, as opposed to just looking at the lines or cabin or something.

For everyone that wants to see more progress: it's going to have to wait for a while. My Grandpa is in the hospital right now and he could be going at any time, so my whole family has been trying to make sure he's comfortable, and just trying to be there with him. I'll work on it when I can, but for now it's got to be set aside for a bit.

·
Car Whore
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well, my Grandpa passed away early Monday morning, so after a few days of sitting around, grieving, and drinking, I got out the concept and put in work on it last night. I probably should have just tried drawing in the first place considering it seemed to relieve most of my stress and allowed me to actually do something productive. Anyway, here is what I came up with:

·
Car Whore
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Also, if you don't like everything about it, don't worry. All of this is completely subject to change. I've been doing really quick sketches of front ends for this concept and I haven't been able to put anything I really like together yet. So, if I do make a front that I like, I may have to tweak this side view a bit. Same goes for the rear, but I haven't got that far yet.

AAAAAAAAnd, side view finished product:

·
3SWiki.org
9,720 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa, Doug. :( The more I look at the new photos, the more I can see some of the cues.

I especially like the b-pillars and shape of the rear/taillights.

·
Ancient Spirit Of Evil
3,922 Posts
Perhaps to bring it more into a 3000 pedigree... A few touches... Like the characteristically powerful thick A- pillar , a 99 combat wing, and to pay homage to the 1st gen vr4. How about side skirts with the little stripes, but this time as functional brake cooling ducts

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
is here
325 Posts
I agree! A combat wing would be great. Also, a ducktail spoiler could look really cool. I found one potential issue: the drivers window appears to mate with the windshield. Where's the pillar? Great drawing, nonetheless!

Perhaps to bring it more into a 3000 pedigree... A few touches... Like the characteristically powerful thick A- pillar , a 99 combat wing, and to pay homage to the 1st gen vr4. How about side skirts with the little stripes, but this time as functional brake cooling ducts

·
Car Whore
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa, Doug. :( The more I look at the new photos, the more I can see some of the cues.

I especially like the b-pillars and shape of the rear/taillights.
Thanks a lot, it's better that he's gone now though considering how much pain he was in. I'm glad you see that I tried to incorporate some of our design cues. Honestly, I don't know if I love the tail lights yet, gotta do a rear oriented view so I can mess with those too.

I couldn't decide if I wanted a big combat style or even a banana style spoiler, so I decided to just leave it wingless. I also thought about have scoops right behind the door (in front of the rear wheels) just like you said for brake cooling, but I clearly didn't do it. :p Like I said though, I can change things whenever, this is just a start.

·
Car Whore
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I agree! A combat wing would be great. Also, a ducktail spoiler could look really cool. I found one potential issue: the drivers window appears to mate with the windshield. Where's the pillar? Great drawing, nonetheless!
Thank you! I thought about making the a pillar more visible, but I wanted to go with a "hidden a pillar." I wasn't trying to make it one huge piece of glass, just trying to make it look kinda like that. I may touch it up sometime soon.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts