Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Car Whore
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think the majority of us on this site would like to see a new 3S concept, so I've decided that I'm going to make one. And by me making one, I mean that I'm gonna draw my rendition of what I think a new 3S should look like. I don't actually have any ties to any design teams/big automotive companies to make this happen...yet. (So don't expect to see this put into production) I am currently in the admission process to go to College for Creative Studies, which is one of the best design schools in the world, so I figure I might as well try to remake a 3S and have another piece to beef up my portfolio. Maybe in the near future I'll be working on this concept more and maybe I'll have the opportunity to present it to Mitsubishi or Dodge.

I'm going with the side profile first, since it's one of the easiest views to draw, but I'll be doing more views later. I'll be posting more pics as I make more progress, but I just started on it so I hope you guys are liking what you're seeing. Also, feel free to give any ideas that you guys have to make it look better.

·
Ancient Spirit Of Evil
3,922 Posts
Why does your outline resemble a jaguar/Aston Martin profile?

Not that there is anything wrong with it, I think that is the legendary best shape for a Grand Touring car I want to see the final render soon

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
4L 6G74 Stroker FWD NA
3,327 Posts
Well, I think the majority of us on this site would like to see a new 3S concept, so I've decided that I'm going to make one. And by me making one, I mean that I'm gonna draw my rendition of what I think a new 3S should look like. I don't actually have any ties to any design teams/big automotive companies to make this happen...yet. (So don't expect to see this put into production) I am currently in the admission process to go to College for Creative Studies, which is one of the best design schools in the world, so I figure I might as well try to remake a 3S and have another piece to beef up my portfolio. Maybe in the near future I'll be working on this concept more and maybe I'll have the opportunity to present it to Mitsubishi or Dodge.

I'm going with the side profile first, since it's one of the easiest views to draw, but I'll be doing more views later. I'll be posting more pics as I make more progress, but I just started on it so I hope you guys are liking what you're seeing. Also, feel free to give any ideas that you guys have to make it look better.
Shit man i saw the drawing and thought "shit this is only a few months away from release"
majorly bummed dude.

·
3SWiki.org
9,720 Posts
I'm very interested in seeing what you come up with!!

The key to a 3000GT/Stealth reborn (and to get the stamp of approval from its fans) is to take some of the signature stylings of the original, and modernize it up. You can see this slight direction the designers were taking between the different generations throughout the 90's, but if the 3S were to still be in production today, I wonder what it'd end up looking like.

·
3SWiki.org
9,720 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
So far I'm not getting 3000gt from what you've drawn. In fact it just looks like the "fake" 3000gt that ended up just being a photoshopped ferarri.

·
Car Whore
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why does your outline resemble a jaguar/Aston Martin profile?

Not that there is anything wrong with it, I think that is the legendary best shape for a Grand Touring car I want to see the final render soon

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I'm trying to go with some exotic/sporty lines, so it does probably resemble some jags and astons, but I'm not trying to base it on those.

Shit man i saw the drawing and thought "shit this is only a few months away from release"
majorly bummed dude.
I'm sorry that I can't be getting this into production for ya. :p You'll just have to enjoy looking at it. Haha.

I'm very interested in seeing what you come up with!!

The key to a 3000GT/Stealth reborn (and to get the stamp of approval from its fans) is to take some of the signature stylings of the original, and modernize it up. You can see this slight direction the designers were taking between the different generations throughout the 90's, but if the 3S were to still be in production today, I wonder what it'd end up looking like.
Yeah, I'm literally looking at pictures of 99 3k's and my 94 Stealth to try to incorporate things into this new design. I am trying to modernize it, but I still want people to look at it and know what it is.

So far I'm not getting 3000gt from what you've drawn. In fact it just looks like the "fake" 3000gt that ended up just being a photoshopped ferarri.
I disagree with you when you say it looks just like the Ferrari GTO concept, but I like hearing everyone's opinion.

·
nope
249 Posts
It just doesn't say mitsubishi or 3000gt to me, it looks like a bunch of modern sports cars squished together. It looks like the new corvette with a 350z front end. I think it needs to look more aggressive and less sporty and modern, also the front end looks to big.. it looks sort of stretched out, i think if you would move the roof forward and the front end back and changed a few details of the rear, and defiantly change the shape of the headlights it would look amazing! Just being honest otherwise i wish i could draw like that... thats crazy!

·
VR4 Fixing Fettish
786 Posts
I feel to much new Z corvette but definitely applaud the design overall.

Just my 2 cents, I have been trying to get someone to help me fiberglass my own front end. I would think a new GTO would resemble the running Mitsubishi theme which is that nice large Box of a front grill. I think a thicker more aggressive front would pull more towards the DSM. But definitely happy to see more of an arts/design persons approach.

·
4G63 swap initiated
7,360 Posts
The back looks too short or something like the brz, 350z, corvette...etc

Still really awesome!

·
Car Whore
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It just doesn't say mitsubishi or 3000gt to me, it looks like a bunch of modern sports cars squished together. It looks like the new corvette with a 350z front end. I think it needs to look more aggressive and less sporty and modern, also the front end looks to big.. it looks sort of stretched out, i think if you would move the roof forward and the front end back and changed a few details of the rear, and defiantly change the shape of the headlights it would look amazing! Just being honest otherwise i wish i could draw like that... thats crazy!
Once I make a few more views of it I think you'll start seeing more of a 3000gt/Mitsu influence. And if you're looking at the smaller sketch above the front of the car, when you were talking about the headlights, that is no longer there. I was just trying to get different ideas on paper. I didn't like the shape of those much either, just throwing stuff down.

I feel to much new Z corvette but definitely applaud the design overall.

Just my 2 cents, I have been trying to get someone to help me fiberglass my own front end. I would think a new GTO would resemble the running Mitsubishi theme which is that nice large Box of a front grill. I think a thicker more aggressive front would pull more towards the DSM. But definitely happy to see more of an arts/design persons approach.
I can see a bit of vette too, but like I said in previous posts, I'm not trying to base this on any modern sports cars. I'm looking at pics of 3S's and thinking of modern cars in my head, throwing them into a pot, stirring the shit outta them, and letting my hand do the rest. Haha. And if you need someone to help you with a design for a front end, let me know. I may be able to help ya with that.

The back looks too short or something like the brz, 350z, corvette...etc

Still really awesome!
Haha, thank ya sir!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Would like to see the front of your concept car? That was always my fav view of the 3000gts (especially the 94 -96 years!)

You have inspired me thanks!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts