Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. this one is along the same lines as the ferrari 360. It took some work in photoshop to get the sky/tree reflections out of the car but I think it turned out pretty nice. I might work on another one in the next few days as I'm not 100% satisfied with the quality of this one.

Enjoy!

http://www.gotreads.com/3si/3000gt

<br>

·
2,248 Posts
Not bad at all... could you do one with either a red or blue GT?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I can find a good picture. It is a pain in the butt to take the reflections out ;)

I'll keep an eye out for a red one.

·
Registered
282 Posts
what about a black stealth?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks real sharp - good job.

How about a red spyder?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I have a great pic of my red GT... actually 2 depending on if you want it facing left or right. It's just a matter of do I want to setup some free image hosting site or not... ;)
Or I could always wait until I take some new pics sometime in the next week or so... but then everybody's desktop would blind them ;)
hehe I should take a pic driving into work in the morning with the 2 suns in my face.. 1 up some and another on the hood... damn it's a bitch in the morning. Will definatly wake you up tho :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have some good ones with few reflections you can email them to me.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I sent 2 pics.. email is a little over 2MB hope you can get that big of message. One left side one right side... let me know if you want more "interesting" angles or not ;)
Hopefully I'll get some new 3.1MP pics soon.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
It looks better in 800x600 than in the rest of the resolutions. What do I need to adjust? I have a pretty good video card and plenty of ram.

-Jeff

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Dark - what resolution are you running on your monitor? Use the image closest to whatever resolution you use... Also, try bumping up the refresh rate of your monitor.

V

·
0 Posts
Nice job for 3000 GT and Stealth desktop image!
Keep the good work coming,bro!:) :cool:

·
3Si Corporate Shareholder
3,784 Posts
Hey Speeyuk, you mean that my current background with the Black Spyder with the '99 front end and Racing Hart C-5's is FAKE?? Well regardless, I like it the most of any 3Si background.

BTW that Modena Wallpaper's RES was gigantic. I need a smaller one.

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
I'm the one that made the red modena wallpaper that was gigantic, not aaron :mad:

Send me an email with what size you want it and I'll send it to you. [email protected]

-KingNothing

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Oh, and aaron, on the image you made this thread about, i'd try to change the part that you used the smudge stick on to enlarge the image to the left and give it the background part - it's pretty noticeable. I'd say blur it a bit right around where the floor color hits the background and it should be ok, and THEN use the smudge stick.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was just rushed to get this image up. Ruiner sent me a much better picture to use. I was working with a low res image with that last one. I also have a nice red 3000 that was sent to me. I'll work on them later today and try to get some better looking images.

Oh... I didn't use a smudge stick on that image. Hate the smudge stick. Are you referring to the lighting effect? It's not supposed to be a solid color all the way across like the Modena wallpaper was. Going for more of a spotlight like effect. ANYWAY... working on some better ones now.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
aaronpin said:
Ruiner sent me a much better picture to use. I was working with a low res image with that last one.
Is that image going to be okay? I didn't know if it was suitable or not. Just let me know.

I was messing around with Photoshop last night as well. I might have a few wallpapers coming as well. ;)

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
No, I like the spotlight effect, but when you dragged, copied and pasted over and over, or did whatever else you did to "repeat" the image to the left, if you look at it for a bit you can see that, while the spotlight looks nice, where it ends on the left the image is just kind of "smudge-sticked" to the left for a ways... Look at this image and you'll see what i'm talking about.

See all horozontal lines going left to right in the circled area on the "ground" plane? Kinda hard to explain, but that's what i'm talking about. Maybe I can see it since I have a large monitor and my gamma and brightness are turned up a bit higher than most people.

Ok, I'll shut up now.

-KingNothing

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts