Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching around for a bumper that I havent seen before and came across this one...not sure if others have seen it before but I never heard of the manufacture before.... Hyper Sports & Racing looks like they are from the UK

Here is a bumper they put out for out first gens

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
251 Posts
Damn I really like that bumper. Doens't take away from the 3000GT look, but makes it look more modern than the outdated look of the first gen bumper. But lol, I don't know about the turn signals, maybe you need to the body shop to add some.

·
Registered
251 Posts
RT What said:
saw this on another thread, isnt this that front end? Thats a good a place to put the turn signals too. but 495 pounds is like $770, i wish i had that much money lying around.
Yup same bumper, but it looks better with the snake eyes left in. I also like the turn signals in the second pic.

EDIT* Actually after looking, the first bumper is slightly different. It's intake "mouth" is vertically wider.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
MeTrzan said:
I was searching around for a bumper that I havent seen before and came across this one...not sure if others have seen it before but I never heard of the manufacture before.... Hyper Sports & Racing looks like they are from the UK

Here is a bumper they put out for out first gens

that's one bad ass bumper
will it fit the 1st gen stealth?

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RT What said:
saw this on another thread, isnt this that front end? Thats a good a place to put the turn signals too. but 495 pounds is like $770, i wish i had that much money lying around.
I belive that is a Bozz Speed bumper, since it looks like this one w/o the crossbar in the center...

that one is 108,000 yen (not sure of conversion)

Looks like hyper just modified the Bozzspeed one slightly...
you might be able to get something like the supra signals to put in the outer openings...that would look pretty bad ass...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Man I wish they made front-projector lights for 1st gens:

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I like that better than my 99 front...

·
-
6,794 Posts
Likuid said:
Man I wish they made front-projector lights for 1st gens:

Have you seen the the thread on the ones IPO is making? There will be some soon! :D

StealthR/T91:
They will fit 1st gen Stealth ES and base models. Since you have a R/T you would have to get different pop-up covers and snake eyes.

MeTrzan:
I don't think its the bozzspeed bumper because look on the sides, it has the vents like the first pic does. Maybe it was custom done, a cross between the two. One of those was obviously modeled after the other, and they both look like they started out being stock 1st gen 3000GT bumpers.

·
Registered
251 Posts
TajMan_17 said:

Have you seen the the thread on the ones IPO is making? There will be some soon! :D
Oh really? I didn't see it. Link please?

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Yeah they are very similar to the BozzSpeed bumper though...
how much are they asking for the hyper front bumper??

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hmm...

RT What said:
That's a TBO front bumper. The Hyper one looks like a modified TBO bumper. You can tell it's not Bozz because of the vents near the wheels on the bottom sides of the front bumper. They use 180SX turn signals btw:p I have the TBO bumper but I don't have the signals yet...lmfao.

·
Registered
322 Posts
wait, I don't get it. how does the center intake go up that high? the radiator/IC intake goes up only as high as the stock opening. above that there's a big aluminum bar (the actual bumper) that extends all the way to the very front. so if you put that bumper on, you'd have to either cut that bar (I wouldn't... someday I'll need it... I'm almost sure of it...) or paint it black or something. either way it wouldn't look that great. I guess you could drill a bunch of holes in the very front layer (it's 4-ply with about half-inch between each ply, if I'm not mistaken) to make it look like an intake or something. that's a lot of drilling though...

·
Registered
251 Posts
dimas said:
wait, I don't get it. how does the center intake go up that high? the radiator/IC intake goes up only as high as the stock opening. above that there's a big aluminum bar (the actual bumper) that extends all the way to the very front. so if you put that bumper on, you'd have to either cut that bar (I wouldn't... someday I'll need it... I'm almost sure of it...) or paint it black or something. either way it wouldn't look that great. I guess you could drill a bunch of holes in the very front layer (it's 4-ply with about half-inch between each ply, if I'm not mistaken) to make it look like an intake or something. that's a lot of drilling though...
Here's a [ic of a custom stock bumper that has a similar opening:

He just has a big ol' cooler. But I guess you could have some short of radiator grate over it, I dunno.

·
Registered
322 Posts
right....
here's a picture of the intercooler with the bumper cover off (from his website: www.3000gt.nu):

now, where's the stock bumper on that car? nowhere, it used to be mounted to that big black cup-like bracket to which the IC is now mounted (there's another one on the left side). and keep in mind that the bar that gets mounted to those impact absorbers is about 4x4 inches.

I'm pretty sure you'd have to take off or modify the actual bumper to install this bumper cover properly as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.