Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious on how much I can get these for from Mitsu, ebay, etc??? Depending on the price of these will be the deciding factor on me getting the car. It is a Black w/black leather '99 VR4 but all four wheels are scratched up, missing floor mats, and the truck cover...

I did a search and found a few posts that the wheels from the factory were between $750-$800, the trunk cover was $250, and the floor mats about $50 or so!?!?:confused: Do we get any discounts from 3Si???

Also, what do you VR4 boys pay for new tires???

Thanks in advance;)

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
The rims can be had for 400-450 bucks. And members always selling them on here in the 1-1.5k range.

tires check out www.tirerack.com and www.discounttire.com

for the floormats get the 3/S ones or the mitsu ones are around 130 for all 4.

The cover do you mean the actual piece of wood? or the *Shade* thing that pulls over the back.....if thats it i would imagine someone has one who cant use theres. I know I rarely use mine...but some people have systems and cant use it.

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Those prices are pretty accurate except for the floor mats which run closer to $100-120 or so. Get the 3Si mats for that.

The 18" wheels come up occasionally on Ebay and go for $1000 or more depending on whether they have tires or not. I got my set with tires and lugs for $1300 on ebay, but that was over 2 years ago.

The tauneu covers go on ebay with some regularity as well. I've seen them get upwards of $75+, but go for like $40 too. Just gotta search with some regularity and watch for things you want.

New stock size 18" tires will run you anywhere from about [email protected] for Khumos to $250-300+ for Pirelli Pzeros or other "very high end" tires.

EricB

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info...

Dark, yes I need the actual pull-cover for the trunk...

About the possible new ride, a Doctor traded in this '99 for a brand new 2002 Viper:rolleyes: !!! It is in great condition except for the missing items and the f*cked up rims:mad: !!! It is going to need new tires soon too...

I am still haggling with the salesman so we will see what happens:p !!!

It is between this '99 Black VR4, a '02 Black Roush Mustang(Stage II), and a '99 White and '98 Black Vette:confused: !!! It is all going to depend on the deals that the different dealerships offer me. I am in no rush and if these don't work out then I will find other ones this winter hopefully for lower prices...

Tonight I was offered $18,600 for trade-in for my SL and I almost jumped on it for the VR4 but the rims just made me hold back:mad: !!!

They are all closed tomorrow, so my debt will not increase until Monday at the earliest:p :) :D

Thanks again guys...

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Rims....can be refinished and made factory new for about 100 dollars a wheel. You should just do that and that way you will never know the difference. Floormats can be gotten pretty easily...hell someone may give them to you if you ask nicely hehe....I would say it sounds like a good deal why are these things missing anyway?
Maybe you should try contacting the doctor I bet they are sitting in his collection of cars somewhere

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the process...

The slick-dick salesman, well he thinks he is, was on the phone when I was leaving with the records department at the dealership!!! He said he was going to get in touch with the doctor and try to see if he had them laying around his house...

So we will see come Monday when he calls me back, he has been calling me for the past few weeks:rolleyes: !!!

We will see:confused: !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts