Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a good balance between performance and cost. This car will never run 368s, more than likely it will run 13g or 15g turbos. The stupid thing blew this weekend, and now I need to rebuild it, so I'm looking to buy pistons, and would like some info on what my options are, and what people think of the various brands.

·
Registered
756 Posts
There's a group buy going on
check the classified parts for sale section. "ROSS piston"

It's $750 only which I think it's a good price. I don't have time to do swapping now, so I gonna wait another group buy .

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff Lucius said:
Jeff is, again, the SHIT. Man, thanks for the great info, we are lucky to have someone who puts so much time and effort into providing information solely for the benefit of other people. I'm also the guy thats been bugging you via email about this very same issue.

Can anyone tell me if, for example, I were to have the block bored and the heads done, slap pistons in, and new bearings, could I get by on the stock cast 1st gen crank without regrinding it, or should I sell my first-born for a factory-new forged crank? I don't want to cut corners, but adding up all the ancilliary stuff gets expensive FAST (water pump, timing belt and tensioner, oil pump, etc).

·
Senior Member "Go Pig Go"
3,086 Posts
yeanchie what kind of rims are those man....those are sweet....how much and where did you get them...with and without tires for prices.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeanchie said:
There's a group buy going on
check the classified parts for sale section. "ROSS piston"

It's $750 only which I think it's a good price. I don't have time to do swapping now, so I gonna wait another group buy .
can anyone provide a real reason, except that GT PRO says so, that indicates that the ross pisons are worth the price, considering that they are twice the cost (normal non-group retail) of the alternatives?

·
Registered
756 Posts
They're ADR X-factor
They're $313 each when the time I bought 'em. without tires.

search under my name, I posted 2 websites which are the lowest price I could find. (in school now, couldn't find those links for you)

Tires are a little expensive though.

I remember one of them,

www.wheelsone.com

or

www.wheelone.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts