Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ex-VPC Headbanger
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bigger pump won't make any difference unless you get bigger injectors or a higher pressure FPR. Even a new FPR probably won't be able to out flow the stock pump and then you would still have to worry about fuel management (ARC or VPC).

·
Registered
650 Posts
Just finished my Magnecore and NGK upgrades, gapped @ .034. WOW! She used to hesitate when she was cold, now she NEVER hesitates and the EVC IV is powering to a consistent .98 bars, peaked @ 1.02.

Now, with the FIPK in place can I simply upgrade to a Denso fuel pump to upgrade my fuel delivery a little?? I know I won't get a huge boost, but can someone tell me what I may be able to get?

Travis.

91 RT/TT, 56K, FIPK, EVC IV, Magn., NGK.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
I would suggest in investing in the TMO datalogger for 1st gen vr4/tt. It is a fabulous tool and will allow you to specifically tune the car. @300 bux I think it is a fabulous "upgrade" to the car, because the info you get from it is invaluable.
http://www.technomotive.com

Mark
'93 RT TT

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thanks for the help.... Didn't know that it wasn't bar, but the numbers seem pretty close. Now that I have the spark upgrades, I'm going to retrain the EVC IV, maybe then I can get up to 1.05.

Still, any idea if a fuel pump upgrade will help delivery? I want the injectors to be the weak link, not the pump...

Travis.

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
I don't know if I would bother with the pump. I think the stock pump outflows the stock injectors...

Trevor

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
red bomber,
I have the walbro pump and 440cc rc injectors...if you just put the pump in it will not help much...you are only increasing the pressure of the system but your injectors are still limiting the flow...so injectors must be done...I am just waiting to save enough money for 13Gs!!! heheheheh e-mail me at [email protected] for any further questions

P.s. BTW, I did everything myself...injectors were easy but the pump...well, I didn't drop the tank I just did it from the trunk...so I ended up cutting the high fuel pressure hose...but if you have a lift I recommend that you drop the tank even if it takes you more time ok?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts