Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy new shocks. I found a brand called Intrax that has a good deal on a set of 4 plus they lower the car an inch and three-quarters. The problem is I have never heard of Intrax. I was wondering if anybody has heard of them and what's their reliability towards quality and performance? Thanks.

Faithful Stealth boy for life
Trent

G

·
I've heard of them so have most other people. they make lower springs for our cars, but I dont think they make shocks. shocks cant lower the ride height alone. call carparts.com and order KYB GR-2's nice shocks at a good price. Part#335013 for the front on turbo and NA cars. 341185 for turbo cars rear and NA cars use 341184 on the rear.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
personally, i would go with eibachs. i have them on my sl and they work great. numerous other members have them and i have not heard of any complaints.
kcalvano92VR4
ps: they lower your vehicle by about 1.25"

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
Hey Trent, I would go with the Eibach's. I was going to get a set soon, but I decided on a nitrous kit instead. If you want to get them cheap go to the carparts.com link on http://3si.opcode.org/Links
I'm sure you already know this, but they are still offering 33% off your first purchase of $100 or more. I think they might still be offering free shipping. It may take some searching on the website to find them. If you have any trouble just ask one of there online experts, they helped me with the decision between KYB and GAB shocks. You going to Dave and Busters on Jan. 30th?

Hans

·
Registered
321 Posts
TKarr,

Intrax has been around for awhile, but there sprins are geared more for a road race setup if you ask me (they are very very very stiff). I installed a set on my 90 Talon Tsi and did not like them personaly. Go with the Eibach's as Hans suggests. RS*R also makes springs for our cars that are good and a little less expensive than Eibach.

95 R/T TT

G

·
I've heard that Intrax springs sag a little more than they're supposed to over time. I've heard that alot. Don't know why nobody has said this yet.

G

·
I hear the same thing about Intrax springs sagging...as a matter of fact one of my friend who owns an 86.5 300zx installed them. He experienced major sag at the rear..so his front sticks up! But for some reason for that car and year...I also hear it's common that the back are lower even when you just installed new Inrax.
hmm...
Phil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.