Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Stealth RT/TT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found those hose unplugged and I cannot figure out where it is supposed to be connected. It is between the throttle body and the firewall.

You can see the edge of the TB in the right side

·
Registered
301 Posts
Could you give us a little wider shot? I specifically remember this line from when I got my car because I thought the male-to-male straight connector was weird. I just looked at my car but it seems I've deleted that hose. I think it might be part of the stock boost control solenoid wiring, maybe the return hose to the rear pre-turbo pipe, but don't quote me on that.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,221 Posts
Welcome. 99% certain that goes to the lower port of the EGR valve:

You did not mention your exact model/trim/spec, so you may or may not have a temperature probe, as shown.

·
Registered
94 Stealth RT/TT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. 99% certain that goes to the lower port of the EGR valve:

You did not mention your exact model/trim/spec, so you may or may not have a temperature probe, as shown.
Sorry, 94 Stealth RT/TT
I will check the EGR, thanks.

·
Registered
94 Stealth RT/TT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could you give us a little wider shot? I specifically remember this line from when I got my car because I thought the male-to-male straight connector was weird. I just looked at my car but it seems I've deleted that hose. I think it might be part of the stock boost control solenoid wiring, maybe the return hose to the rear pre-turbo pipe, but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
94 Stealth RT/TT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, it went to the EGR. I dug by the EGR and found an unplugged hose. Thanks guys!

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,221 Posts
Good to hear. I would secure them with ties or clamps if you did not do so already (assuming they are not hard and brittle already)

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
94 Stealth RT/TT
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to hear. I would secure them with ties or clamps if you did not do so already (assuming they are not hard and brittle already)
I plan on doing a vaccum cleanup & replacement, and will get clamps on everything while that goes on.

At first I didn't see the "s" in "hose" and now I see this is much less exciting of a discussion
LMAO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts