Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Need help identifying engine year

689 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Steve '93ES 
#1 ·
I purchased a TT engine from a shop that told me it was from a 93. I just received it today. I was shocked to find a 2 bolt block and no crank/cam position sensors. I'm sure it is a TT block(has side brackets on mains), but is there any way to reference the numbers off the block to a VIN number? This guy is claiming that this definatly came out of a 93 RT/TT. The block stamp is 6G72 PT 1092

Help please!

#3 ·
Exactly what I needed, Thanks a ton!

#4 ·
so more to what you got?

#5 ·
Now I need to know what you all think I should do. The VIN off the engine cam back as being from a 91 Stealth RT/TT. I found this on eBay, the guy was trying to sell the heads, but hadn't taken them off the motor yet. So I made a deal for the whole thing as it was pictured. He says that he's been working on these cars for years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3000...ryZ33617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now I thought I would have another 4 bolt main block and heads with the cam position sensor mounts to work with, but I don't. I paid the shipping from my end, and did pay him through paypal. If I file a claim with paypal, they will want me to send the engine back to get a refund. What should I do?

Look at the guys other items. He's trying to now sell a rotating assembly, that he says is out of a 93 VR4, but you can clearly see the casting ribs on the crank.

Help me out guys, What should I do?

#6 ·
tell him that if he doesnt give your money back you'll sue him:mad: . hate when people do this shit! If he had this engine he could have eaisly looked up the vin to make sure he knew what he was selling! tell him you'll sue him and if says he wont then... sue his ass!! make sure you save.... ow wait. you do have email with him stating what he said...right? If so your golden:cool:

#7 · (Edited)
I usually try to give people one fair chance to do the right thing before calling out the dogs. Send him a friendly email explaining what you found and why you can't use it. If he's an honorable merchant he'll refund your money. If it's an honest mistake, and for all we know maybe he did get it from a 93 that had a motor swap, the customary way these things are handled is for each party to pay shipping one way. In other words he refunds all your money including what you gave him to ship it, you return it on your dime. That's the customary way, if he's really upstanding and cares about his reputation he'll pay both ways. (both parties getting dinged a bit helps to keep shenanigans to a minimum.) If he refuses to step up hit him with both barrels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.