Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of Qs that after searching the archives I either didn't find the answer for or am still unclear/unsure of. I hope you guys can help.

Q1. What the hell does Ratio really mean? How do you arrive at 45 being equivilent to 1.05 bar or some such. I mean where can I find the formula or chart to convert ratios to bars?

If you guys can list what your current gain/ratio settings are for each step, and your experience with it that'd be much appreciated.

Q2. Is there any guidelines I have to follow to re-gap my plugs once I have the DSBC installed? I'v seen numbers like .34 but why?

Q3. Is there anyway to install the DSBC so that when I turn it off, the car runs at stock boost. I can't seem to figure out a way to do that, but seems to recall someone had mentioned that they were doing that in the past.

Thanks for your help!

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
I might be able to answer a few of your q's.

#1: It has something to do with the ratio of the GAIN. As the gain goes up, the ratio will go down (to keep the same boost)

I have my Gain set at 5 and my ratios set around 45 50 75 80. The 75 and 80 are for changing boost at WOT during a run.

#2: As you raise boost, you have to lower the gap for hotter spark (i think). Mine were set at .32 but now I have to lower it to .29 because I am gonna boost 17.5psi.

#3: Not sure about that. What you can do is set one of your channels low so that you boost near the stock levels.

have fun.

·
Dog Is My Co-Pilot
4,082 Posts
SpyderVR4 said:
A couple of Qs that after searching the archives I either didn't find the answer for or am still unclear/unsure of. I hope you guys can help.

Q1. What the hell does Ratio really mean? How do you arrive at 45 being equivilent to 1.05 bar or some such. I mean where can I find the formula or chart to convert ratios to bars?

If you guys can list what your current gain/ratio settings are for each step, and your experience with it that'd be much appreciated.

Q2. Is there any guidelines I have to follow to re-gap my plugs once I have the DSBC installed? I'v seen numbers like .34 but why?

Q3. Is there anyway to install the DSBC so that when I turn it off, the car runs at stock boost. I can't seem to figure out a way to do that, but seems to recall someone had mentioned that they were doing that in the past.

Thanks for your help!
Damn, it's been sooooo long since I've seen my DSBC . . . :(
Q3: If I recall, as you cycle through your ratio settings (1-2-3-4), the next click will bring you to "OFF", which restores you to the factory boost settings.
Actually, Roger Gerl has the best instructions on his web site, check his sig for the URL.

·
Welcome To The Machine
951 Posts
Go here to learn all about tuning the DSBC. http://www.rtec.ch/dsbc_manual.html You can't have stock boost when you turn the unit off because then you are running off the preset wastgate actuator tension.

Every car will have different settings based on variances and mods. Before I gutted my precats my gain was ~30. Since I gutted my precats, I can only run 15 gain. I can't recall exactly, but I think my ratios are in the 40 neighborhood.

As Matt said, try to find settings that will give you stock boost levels.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers, it helps me clear up a few remaining Qs.

Yah, I'v been to all the sites and read all the tuning/installing manuals I can find on the topic as well as search the archives. But there's nothing like real life experience...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts