Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Spd Kills your bank acc.
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radio is really startin to piss me off:confused: . I have a Kenwod DPX-410(used) ever since I installed it into my car it would not light up all the way(act's like it's night time when lights are on and off). Now i added subs, and more lighting that draw from the alterntor. When my Guage drops to aound 10 The damn radio lights up like it should, but everything else gets dim until i hit the gas. Then the radio stays lit until i shut the car off, then start it again, the damn thing goes all over again. I tried re wiring the headunit 3 times, with different harnesses and it didn't help. I went to how the car is stock, Orignial bulbs, speakers, no indiglo guages, or amp, and it still wouldn't light up. Oh yea, and when i just turn the key to Aux. it will light up a couple of seconds after. then start the car it goes back to it's dim mode. I read the manual to see if there is an manual dimmer..None. the worst part about it is i can't see itthe display during the day.

What i'm asking is it a wiring problem. if so what the hell is wiried wrong. OR is it just the radio is shit and should be tossed. Any help would be appreciated.

-Joe

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hard to tell. You did what was logical and still have the problem.
I would say it's the Kenwood unit... CD players are getting so cheep these days I would buy a new one! I bought the very first Kenwood MASK five years ago $450.00 it went into the shop two times after only one year!!! Then it broke again after I installed it into my new VR-4. I bought a Pioneer with the MP3 and XM. The MP3 is the best I download the songs off of the net and burn then to cd I have 160songs one just ONE CD!!! thats the only disk I have in the car. I took out the 6-disc changer too. Don't need it anymore. the unit was $250 at a local dealer in Lauderdale but look here www.onlinecarstereo.com/caraudio I love this site...

·
Spd Kills your bank acc.
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help am probably gonna get a new cd player anyway because of the mp3 player. I have over 6,000 Songs on my computer. So it would be nice to minimized my cd's in my car from 150 to about 15. Also i'm looking at the Kenwood DPX6020. i want double din, and that one looks the best with my interior setup.

-Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.