Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1991 3000gt VR-4
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have pulled the engine out of my 1991 VR4 which I suspect has a spun bearing. I've been searching where I can get my engine rebuild but I am clueless as of now. I've read many horror threads of people getting their engine rebuilt and it blowing up after 2000 miles or whatever so I want to make sure it's done right the first time. I'm just trying to get a stock engine rebuild. If anyone knows a place in Jacksonville or even a couple hours away the knowledge would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
459 Posts
Real street... in florida
Highly reputable place and there builds are pretty strait forward... either that or wait for someone to respond that's near you and willing to rebuild it for ya... might as well come out forged etc...

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
459 Posts
Real street are known for there 1JZ and 2JZ builds ... but they do rebuild the 6g72's

·
Registered
1993 VR4
2 Posts
Talk to my friend Pablo(jr)at Zapata autocare on Beach. He specializes in 90s Japanese. I lived in Jax for 8 years, just moved away last year. He is a good, guy, a racer and I would trust him, have trusted, with any of my cars. He is well known in Jax, and is a solid guy.

·
Registered
1991 3000gt VR-4
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Talk to my friend Pablo(jr)at Zapata autocare on Beach. He specializes in 90s Japanese. I lived in Jax for 8 years, just moved away last year. He is a good, guy, a racer and I would trust him, have trusted, with any of my cars. He is well known in Jax, and is a solid guy.
I called the shop and some guy answered, he said he'd give me Pablo Jr's number but never did. Do you think you could DM it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Recently I have pulled the engine out of my 1991 VR4 which I suspect has a spun bearing. I've been searching where I can get my engine rebuild but I am clueless as of now. I've read many horror threads of people getting their engine rebuilt and it blowing up after 2000 miles or whatever so I want to make sure it's done right the first time. I'm just trying to get a stock engine rebuild. If anyone knows a place in Jacksonville or even a couple hours away the knowledge would be appreciated.
Norb's Automotive over in Tampa says no problem he rebuilt my 6g72

1 - 10 of 10 Posts