Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is the piece pictured below.. it's above the scuff plate yet below the dash.. notice the switch sized hole I have drilled in it? It's got the carpet untucked next to it as well. Somehow Mitsubishi can not figure out how to get this piece so I need one used! Please, if anyone has one contact me! [email protected]

I'm willing to pay well despite it's small size and value.

Thanks!!

Az

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Richy T. said:
Mine is grey and looks kind of just like that.
Yeah, they should all have this piece, but I need a new one in the tan/beige colour, Richy! I'm hunting around but no luck yet.

The Mitsu computer system can't identify the piece and the japanese parts storage folks are slacking off on getting back to my dealership or I would just buy it new! That hole in the piece i made just bothers me to no end..

Az

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MITSUBOY said:
I JUST LOOKED THIS PART UP I THINK ITS CALLED COWL SIDE TRIM PART #MR751657 LIST IS 140.42 I SELL IT TO YOU FOR $112.34 IT WOULD TAKE ME 3-4 DAYS TO GET!! LET ME KNOW!!
Ahh, this is the same problem mitsubishi ran into.. Try looking that part up on say a 93 or something, it's actually a $10 part. It's only 6-7" long or so and just is held in by the scuff plate and one screw. The computer is giving them bad info showing this $140 part!

Az

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MITSUBOY said:
DID THEY ORDER IT TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE?
Oh, they took it out of my car and another older 3000GT and found the right part/price.

I don't think they want to order the $140 piece for the hell of it! =)

Az

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Just buy one that is grey and use vinyl dye to "paint" it the correct color. It is under the dash so is not likely to be obvious to anyone looking at the interior. I've used vinyl dye to paint interior pieces before and it worked very well, lasting several years before needing to be redone. (That is what my Interior guy would do-before spending 100 bucks for a 5 dollar part)

LW

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
?? just spray paint it

Just buy one that is grey and use vinyl dye to "paint" it the correct color. It is under the dash so is not likely to be obvious to anyone looking at the interior. I've used vinyl dye to paint interior pieces before and it worked very well, lasting several years before needing to be redone. (That is what my Interior guy would do-before spending 100 bucks for a 5 dollar part)

~edit~Can't delete the double post, sorry, had probs at work with the site.

LW

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where could I get such paint, and how could I colour match it??

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MITSUBOY said:
LW HAS A GOOD IDEA! I HAVE A GUY ON MY LOT EVERY DAY THAT DOES INTERIOR WORK LIKE THAT! I CAN CHECK HOW MUCH TO HAVE IT DONE!
Wow! Thank you very very much for checking! =) I mean it, thanks!

Az

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MITSUBOY said:
HE DOES NOT COME IN TILL ABOUT 11 MY TIME I AM ON THE WEST COAST I WIL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I DO!!
Thank you man! and I will get other stuff from you too if this works out. Sounds like you order parts at decent prices!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So what is total cost involved for that piece alone?

Why don't we move to e-mail! =) [email protected]

Az

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Pep boys sells some Interior dye spray, but may not be right color, You'll have to look around for that. I scratched my leather seat and painted it black to match the charcoal color and you couldn't tell there was a scratch anymore.

Can of paint only costs about 5 bucks. Even if it didn't match perfectly but was close, noone would be able to tell due to the location of the piece, only time anyone would ever look directly at it would be when changing a fuse.

55.00 to spray a single small piece....what a rip off. I'd spray it for free if I had the right color, is like a can of spray paint.

Its called MolecuBond Color Refinisher for Leather, Vinyl, fiberglass and much more....

I think either Teddy or Randy-Tho used this to color the panels in the back of the car to match and was happy with it.

Lord Warlock

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.