Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MikeVR-4
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone in the Denver area that has a working ECU that I can test in my car? I recently changed out my Coolant Temp sensor and now for some reason my car won't start.

I have spark and fuel but the engine just won't start. It cranks a lot and I have actually got it to start a couple times but it dies right away. I'm starting to work through the issues that could be causing this and want to start with the ECU, then PTU.

Anyone close that could help me out?

·
AWD FTMFW
199 Posts
Im in lakewood, and have my old ECU, it made my car cut out at WOT but it always started, idled, and ran just fine during normal driving. I can probably meet up with you and help you try it out.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Is there anyone in the Denver area that has a working ECU that I can test in my car? I recently changed out my Coolant Temp sensor and now for some reason my car won't start.

I have spark and fuel but the engine just won't start. It cranks a lot and I have actually got it to start a couple times but it dies right away. I'm starting to work through the issues that could be causing this and want to start with the ECU, then PTU.

Anyone close that could help me out?
No, No, No. Never put a good ECU in a car that does not work. Are you trying to burn up an other ECU. That's what could happen. Youy need to take your POS ECU and put it in a known working car. If the car than does not work, you know your ECU is bad. Now you can go back and see what fried your ECU before sticking in a good one and frieing it as well. Could be a bad IAC for 1.

·
MikeVR-4
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, No, No. Never put a good ECU in a car that does not work. Are you trying to burn up an other ECU. That's what could happen. Youy need to take your POS ECU and put it in a known working car. If the car than does not work, you know your ECU is bad. Now you can go back and see what fried your ECU before sticking in a good one and frieing it as well. Could be a bad IAC for 1.

Really? It would fry the new ECU just like that? I just replaced my IAC so I know its not that. I guess I'll just ask if I can borrow someone's VR-4 to test my ECU in then.

Anyone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts