Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is more of a need for a parts car than a list of parts, but I'm looking for a complete AWD Drivetrain, including rear crossmember, rear suspension, and all four axles and wheel hubs. 6spd prefered, but if you have a 5spd please post.

Here's my ad under cars wanted. If you have all the parts I need, I'll buy them. I don't have to have the entire car.

·
STOCK ??? HELL NO...!!!
3,490 Posts
Are you converting and RT to a TT ??? Wow ... big project...:eek:

I can get you the whole rear suspension, shipping it will be a bitch... so , just let me know if you are interested...

El Boricua

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, that's the idea. I'm gonna try anyway. There's a guy that is almost done with a FWD to AWD conversion. All he's missing is a transfer case. I think it's doable.

What all do you include in rear suspension? Price? I'm sure shipping would indeed be insane if it's coming from Peurto Rico, but I'd still like to know how much you want for it.

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
I've got the whole rear end suspension setup, along with a rear differential, transfer case, and tranny from a 5-speed AWD car... basically everything you need to get her going.

Rear diff $450
driveshaft $100 (no notchy u-joints)
transfer case $450
tranny $1500 w/5k miles on it
Rear suspension/cross member assembly $250

Freight shipping would probably be around $250.

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VR4SL - Send me some prices, if you could. my e-mail's at the bottom.

Hans - I may end up buying a few of those parts. I've got a couple other sources I'm looking at too, but I'll let you know.

Joel
[email protected]

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Boricua-PR - lemme know on pricing. I'm putting together a list of people.

·
STOCK ??? HELL NO...!!!
3,490 Posts
I have the rear differential with everything that is attached to it, except for the caliers, rotors and struts... I let it go for $500 plus shipping.... shipping been the scariest word in my dictionary...:eek: :rolleyes:

El Boricua

·
Stealth/Vr-4 Owner
1,497 Posts
Boricua did you do the 2nd gen conversion yourself? it looks great.

·
STOCK ??? HELL NO...!!!
3,490 Posts
Yes I did everything, from the looks to the mechanics.... The only thig I haven't change yet is the engine, BUT, it is on schedule for early next year, I just got a 1995 VR4 engine in great shape...Everything in my car is 2nd gen. now, except for the rear bumper.... I kind a like how the 1st gen rear bumper looks...

Later,

El Boricua

·
Farming in north Dakota
6,459 Posts
awd drivetrain

i have the complete rearend, shafts ,aws parts,knukles everything but the calipers and one of the struts,also have the complete driveline from the transfer to the rear end also have the 5 speed tranny.so u would need a transfer and one strut.will take 1500.00 for all of it.and for another 175.00 i will bring it to you.

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mykiss69 - That sounds like a very good deal. Does that include the front end parts too? (front axles, knuckles, hubs, and stuff) What about the shift linkages?

I still have a guy looking for a complete junked car for me, but I should hear back from him this week. If he can't find me a car, I think I'm gonna buy the stuff from you.

Does anyone know if N/A brake calipers will fit on TT rotors?

VR4SL - A little expensive for me. I think I'm gonna have to go with a 5spd, and then swap it for a 6spd later.

Hans - I may end up buying a transfer case from you. We'll see what happens with this other deal.

·
Farming in north Dakota
6,459 Posts
parts

yes i will include the front knuckles axles and shifter linkage.

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sorry for leaving you hanging, mykiss. I've been talking to a guy in Dallas for the last few days, and I think I may have found a complete car I can buy. Not only that, but it's a 6spd and has an engine in it. :cool: I really appreciate you making a deal with me on this, though. Hopefully, this'll work out, and I might just get some turbos out of the deal too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.