Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Big Kid
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 16 years my single stage 60 gal. 5 horse air compressor died. The pump went bad. Now Im looking at compressors and went to SEARS. I decided to upgrade to a 2 stage compressor and found that the average was $800 for a 80 gal 7 horse 2 stage unit.

Then I saw one that was 1/2 the price of most models but was unbelivably quiet. Does anyone know if this thing is good? It sounds perfict for home use.

http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summary/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=fcadccidldhjebggcmgclchm.0&vertical=TOOL&fromAuto=YES&bidsite=null&pid=00916561000[/PHP]

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Thats the one......

I'm also have been looking into buying one but not that big.The Craftman proffesional does operate better and quiter then the regular one.I don't know anything about the 2stage yet,but i'm still shopping around.But after christmast i think i'm going to end up with one thats movable tho.What kind of air compressor do you have right now??

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
Right now I'm using a 30 gal. compressor made by Husky. After I bought it I noticed they have a 60 gal. one for only $20 more :(. I know I wasn't considering 220 volt compressors, but now my garage has like 10 220 volt outlets so I might pick that one up as well. They are only $400 at Home Depot and come with a 3 year warranty. The amount that I use mine, it will die in the 3 years if it's not built well :D.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have a 25-gal 6 HP upright from Porter-Cable. Not on sale it was $259.

·
Big Kid
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was hoping somebody had some experiance with the twin v compressor from Sears. It is unbelivably quiet but is a dry sump motor. In otherwards it doesnt need oil in the bottom of the compressor to run. The walls or rings are tefolon. very interesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts