Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My transmission is failing, no idea if it’s the gears ,tcu or some solenoid but overdrive slips gear and car forcibly slows while rpm’s shoot up, pretty sure the over drive gear is shot looking into transmissions, any recommendations? I don’t have a lot of money

·
Registered
84 Posts
Check out Eric's video where he fixed an automatic that wouldn't go into overdrive.
If it's just overdrive, looks like you might be able to fix it without too much trouble with the transmission in the car. I'd replace the clutches which may be burnt from slipping and any seals you see in there.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
3,902 Posts
If you’re only having a problem with 4th gear (OD), the end clutch assembly can be replaced without removing transmission, just removing right front wheel and plastic wheel well shielding to expose the outer edge of transmission.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out Eric's video where he fixed an automatic that wouldn't go into overdrive.
If it's just overdrive, looks like you might be able to fix it without too much trouble with the transmission in the car. I'd replace the clutches which may be burnt from slipping and any seals you see in there.
Thank you so much! I’m gonna get right on this and then replace my valve seals!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you’re only having a problem with 4th gear (OD), the end clutch assembly can be replaced without removing transmission, just removing right front wheel and plastic wheel well shielding to expose the outer edge of transmission.
THANK YOU!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts