Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front brake pads are gone,i need to replace them.But i think i will stick with the stock calipers,well atleast until next year.I need suggestion.I've heard of Metal Matrix brake pads.But i want to hear your personal experience about how they feel,how much and where do you get yours from??

Thanks guys;)

·
PING? PONG!
663 Posts
:eek: TTT, ! Same here!!! , i need new pads... Any recommandations? :D

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Ive used Stillen & Porterfield, I like the Porterfields better

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts
I've used Metal Matrix for two years. They work fine for street use (not street racing use), no squeal, so-so dust (not bad). But there are better choices out there - mostly the carbon blend pads. You have to decide if you want a race pad (works great at higher temps) or a street pad (works good at lower temps and can work good at higher temps also). I talk about pads on my brake upgrade web page below.

http://www.geocities.com/lutransys/jlucius2/j2-2-brakeupgrade.htm

Consider EBC, Porterfields, and Carbotech.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I also have used the Stillen Metal Matrix for the last year and a half. I think they are a great pad.

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
Have Porterfields on mine ( with rotors and stainless lines ) . . . Much stronger initial grab than previous factory-type pads . . . No squeeling or noise when cold or hot . . . A little dust after some hard(er) braking, not bad though. . . Normal driving = very little dust, but I have very open wheels ( Fittipaldi Turbolare's ).

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
Well, I personally just bought some Raybestos ceramic pads for my fronts and their top of the line for the rears and am VERY impressed with them. The fronts were $59.99 for the pair and rears $39. I bled the system and purged the lines with new fluid and it stops GREAT!!. Stillen and Poterfield are good, I just didn't feel like having to order them...I hate making 2 trips.

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
RacerX_GTO said:
Bendix
Semi-metallic

I figure is they are the premeir manufacturer for police interceptor vehicle brake pads and airline jet brakes....they gotta know something about stopping power.

(Funny nobody mentioned "green stuff" or "red stuff"pads...LOL)
I was fixin to say once someone recommened the Green Stuff pads.

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Wrathchild said:
Well, I personally just bought some Raybestos ceramic pads for my fronts and their top of the line for the rears and am VERY impressed with them. The fronts were $59.99 for the pair and rears $39. I bled the system and purged the lines with new fluid and it stops GREAT!!. Stillen and Poterfield are good, I just didn't feel like having to order them...I hate making 2 trips.
Raybestos? :mad: :(

I can't get my R/T to stop with Raybestos ceramic pads. I'm sure everyone who hangs out at GT Pro can atest to the fact that everytime I'd race or stop hard, my brakes would be smoking for 10 minutes afterwards. Not to mention that for the next 30 minutes I woud have little stopping power.

·
Ferrari Nut
2,675 Posts
I'm sure everyone who hangs out at GT Pro can atest to the fact that everytime I'd race or stop hard, my brakes would be smoking for 10 minutes afterwards
With a safety item such as brakes, Im sure it can be said that you get what you pay for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts