Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suggestions for the gathering:

GOALS:
To get around 500+ 3Si people to converge on a VERY small town in the middle of the country. Have a blast, last about 3 or 4 days. To entertain and educate as many 3Si owners to knowlege on top of things they already know.
possiblities : large multimedia type deal (like in a movie theater/ banquet hall) with Mitsu/Dodge promotional things involved.

DATE:
Set a general time that it would/could be held. Hold it either in the middle/at the end of the 2002 summer or same in 2003. Just give people PLENTY of warning to make plans for a week+ of travel/events.

REQUIREMENTS:
MUST be near a center that has capabilties for large gatherings (not the back room of the Wagon Wheel bar) and possible Multi Media displays. MUST be near a track or two. A Race Course would be great, but a 1/4 will do well too! MUST have residence capabilities for massive amounts of people.

NOW FOR GETTING THIS SHIT DONE.
this is obviously way to big for one person do accomplish so I propose this.

First off, there will be one or two people tops, that ALL the teams/groups of people report too. They will be the top brass and MUST HAVE FREE TIME TO GIVE because I know this will take a lot. They also MUST NOT be person's responsible for their state. They will live hopefully in the state where this should take place, but NOT be responsible for it's members, ya'll follow me here?

1)Make at LEAST 2 residents responsible for their state. Responsibilties for one person would be to take care of hotel stuff, meals, routes to to take etc. They will be responsible for informing everyone in their state of break throughs and news that's of importance to the attendees (due to the magnitude of this, for more member populated states this could be divided up among 2 people)

The second person would be responsible for misc things. Since we'd obviously be near a Track of some kind we'd need things that are necessary to have when running at a Track. LOTS OF TOOLS. I think each state should be responsible for bringing at least 1 Jack, 1 Tranny jack, set of sockets that are most commonly used on the 3S, wrenches as well Jack Stands, and maybe even a device that can change tires off a Rim too. People who have more than one family attendee and would bring more than one car could hopefully help with transportation of these items ( I can donate my other car, an 88 Van to help haul some of this stuff, to a willing driver of course;))

2) For the Track, As stated above, BRING SPARE THINGS. I am about to take off 2 GoodYear Eagle HP (245/45/17) tires off my car and am going to Store them incase of emergency. If they're still around at Gathering time, I'll bring them. Things that would typically go out on cars like this. For Example: BRING A CLUTCH, hopefully there will be people there who know what they're doing and can help you change one right quick. Maybe bring a spare axle too, just stuff that is likely to break under high stress, ya'll get the idea. Also bring fluids! Bring spare tranny/xfer fluid, bring enough oil for a change, bring washer fluid.

3) For the frequently mentioned MULTI MEDIA (symphonic crecendo that accompanied them words fades now).
This will have to be a SPECIAL CRACK TEAM OF WIZARDS WHO KNOW THEIR SHIT!! I know people can make movies of our cars, and that would be fun, but why not try to get all the promotional stuff involved with the HSX out of the closet. See if we can have Mitsu put on a show for us, or give us the materials we'd need to do it ourselves. Have our own Mini car show - 3000GT/Stealth debut party, like companies do nowadays with cars the come up with. Gimme more ideas people, I suck at creative shit.

EVENTS

DRAG RACING: Will go on continually through out the event regardless of other events. Anyone who wants track time should get it. Possible signup sheets so we don't get everyone on the first day alone trying to race. DEFINITELY have a contest for the Fastest 3S!!

CAR SHOW: (AGAIN: another few members can organize this)All catergories welcome, TRIM LEVEL DOESN'T MATTER. A lot of the N/A guys who are big on show instead of go can make their mark here. People who have gone to car shows in the past can help here, with categories etc....

MULTI MEDIA: I have no idea. Someone help me here. MOVIES, LIGHTS, GLORY, FAME..that kind of stuff.

BANQUETS: a MUST. Big hall with lots of 3Siers eating grub and maybe with Speakers too, People who have things to say to the group and do so here. (i.e. J Lucius telling people to stop emailing him with dumb questions, Alan telling people to stop posting Anal Sex threads, Eric begging for money, ya'll get the idea)

HOOKERS: hey, I don't have a wife, I'm gonna need some lovin...oops, did I say that out loud??!!

Does that about cover everthing??

Volunteer REQUIREMENTS

MUST HAVE A LOT OF TIME TO GIVE!!!! NO HOKEY "I JUST DIDN'T GET AROUND TO IT" BULLSHIT. Don't FUCK with people's time that they'll give to this event!!! with that out of the way...

1) *OVERLORD* - only one or two of these period. Must be commited, and have a high stress capability.

2) state member *cordinators* - They will be also be PARTIALLY responsible for people passing through their state on the way to wherever (work it out with other cordinators whose caravans will be passing through their state) REQs: Must be good with a map:D, ability to get in contact with hotels, make massive bookings, have email and phone communication, anything else??

3)Multimedia *Jockeys* - must have MASSIVE HOOKUPS/CONNECTIONS, be media savvy (both on comp and possibly otherwise), be very persistent, and CREATIVE. anything else???

4)Event *Brains* - Must be good with people and have experience in past car shows, either attending, competing, or running, should be able to come up with Trophies and Certificates and whatnot. anything else??

* <-- these indicate what these people will be referred to as to avoid confusion.

Final Suggestions

For the 2 coordinators would be to help in that one could keep in contact with the attendees while the other works out hotel stuff.

PLEASE be willing to help other members if their clutch/tranny goes out. This is a Band of Brothers, not Reservoir Dogs.

ALL CONFLICTS WILL NOT BE BROUGHT UNTO THE GATHERING!! NO bad sales experiences will "wait till the gathering settle this dude!!" NO. NONE OF THAT. If you have problems with other members, try to avoid them!! Remember to what your teachers told you in 4th grade about avoiding conflicts! as a followup: NO DISSING OTHER MEMBERS RIDES!!!!!!

NON 3S cars are WELCOME. Hell, we'll need competition at the track and all:) Lets just try to not clog up wherever we go with non performances cars. 500+ 3Ss would be great, but not accompanied by 300 Explorers (and one 88 Voyager :D)

If a person of *....* status feels they cannot fulfill their duty, then PLEASE someone step up and take their spot. secondary *...*s could be like, on a stand by to help out if a primary *....* can't help.

FINALLY

EVERYONE BRING A SHIT TON OF DETAILING PRODUCTS!!!!! I KNOW I AM, MY BABY'S GONNA LOOK GOOOOOOOD IN FRONT OF A CROWD:D

P.S. Initally, I could assume the position of an OVERLORD to start taking down names and states and that kind of misc. info. To complete a HUGE project it's best to start WAY in advance and work forward little by little to achieve the best results.

LOVE TO THE 3S community,

David

·
Registered
330 Posts
This sounds better than Woodstock!

Really, really cool idea. I'd DEFINITELY make time to go to this.

1,868 Posts
gathering

Thats a great idea and i can be sure share the idea to the new jersey members. And i have alot of friends that are non members that i can get to go. Throw that idea around some more and ill be more then gald to get all the members around together for the awesome event.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Who knows, maybe if we get over a thousand 3S'rs at one gathering, it might be worth a short sentance about our cars in the automotive media ;)

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally I'd like to have a complete list of everyone who's gonna vounteer to fill each position. When the time comes, should I put you down for NJ Mr. Pearl Green??

Edit:

Evan, would you be willing to fill a *...* position too?

It's my opinion that unless there's ~100 people involved in the making, then this will be a problematic, bad gathering.

·
Registered
330 Posts
<b>Skills and abilities include:</b>

1. B.S.
2. Pure unadulterated salesmanship (in the worst possible sense)
3. Marketing (see #2)
4. Strong Media Skills (Proffessional web design experience, etc)
5. Some logistics
6. I can read a map
7. I can legally purchase any volume of alcohol I deem fit in any state in the Union.
8. I have a valid state drivers license that is not suspended or revoked in any jurisdiction, so far as I can remember (see #7)

I don't think I can be one of the "high-ups", because:

1. I am a student, full time laborer, NCAA athlete, and (amazingly, still) a full time boyfriend. :D

2. I feel that I'm only just barely long enough on the board to be anything other than a total newbie.... although I still would consider myself pretty green. I don't feel that I have earned my stripes for such a vaunted position of respect.

In conclusion, I'd be happy to help out in any support or coordinating role that would be deemed useful by the powers that be. I could definitely fulfill role 2 or 3. And I have connections in the underworld, so I'm sure I could find great hookers. (j/k)

Just point the way, commendant!

-Evan

**The Preceeding MSG has been edited for content, and to run in the time alloted**

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
good luck, I suggested something like this not to long ago and nobody seemed interested.

-Jeff

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
It's winter time. No one is interesting in much of anything right now :p

I think doing it in the middle of nowhere is going to hurt things. The location needs to be central, but not necessarily in Armpit, Kansas ;)

As much as I loved Ocean City last year, we need to do something besides hang out at Hooters and the boat launch. (Hint to this years organizers ;))The idea of having some form of organized racing involved is great. We should find someplace with a nice drag strip, AND see if we can set up an auto-x or possibly a real road track event.

The idea of an after-hours organized party has come up in some discussions for OC8 as well. Let's keep this in mind for the National event too. I know we have a few DJs among us, and almost all of us know how to party :D

I wouldn't count on getting Dodge and Mitsu involved though. They almost seem to AVOID us. Then again, has anyone made a serious attempt to get them involved with us? Mitsubishi has a PR office near my home. Once we have some solid plans for this thing, I'd be happy to go down there and try to get a meeting with someone. We can only try.

Good work David. Let's not let this one die. This won't be easy, but it'll be one hell of a party if we can pull it off :D

4,448 Posts
i could probably be a PA organizer.... that would be damn cool:)

getting mitsu involved would definitely be a good idea. maybe they would see what we all want in the future and what we have done?? some sort of media coverage (ie motor trend, car and driver, etc) would be a good idea, also. hell, i'd PAY to get my car in a magazine :)

lastly, i did originally suggest this to Jeff (Darktrail) and then he posted something about this... so do i get some sort of credit for this?? :D

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
True, this is Uncle Sams idea...I gave him credit to this in my thread....didnt mean to sound like I thought of it.

We are a large group...i think if enough of us filled out a sheet or did something to let Mitsubishi/Dodge know we are here...maybe they will be more willing to support us. As it is now they may not know there is much of a following to these cars.

-Jeff

·
Registered
327 Posts
Awesome idea guys, but can we keep the Canadian contingent in mind too? I'd love nothing more than to come to a full-fledged 3SI meet in the States, but can we make it accessable (read:not WAY too far out of the way...) for those in the Great White North?

·
Registered
557 Posts
just an idea....lets have it this spring at limerock park in northwestern ct......although a large banquet hall is far away,there is plenty of open space for tents and the like.Also there is alot of camping sites around the track.I was there this past spring for their "speedweeks" and the NSX guys were there with there gathering...I was jealous!....but it gave me this idea.I don't know how much or even IF we can rent the track for a day,but I"am sure I can get the info if people show interest.I know of many 3siers that have been to,or at least heard of the track....so i would appreciate if you could also spread the word to try and make this happen!I won't be back to the country till febuary and the limerock "speedweeks" are in may so I'll be needing help to organize this!I was planning on making this a new thread but since one on this type of large gathering has been made I decided just to add to it.If you agree with this idea keep this thread TTT and e-mail me if you like to help organize or if you just would like to come if it existed......hope this comes true....later go to www.limerockpark.com for more info on this beautiful track

·
Registered
557 Posts
well I did some searching at www.limerockpark.com and found out that many sports car clubs have their gatherings their!However with this said getting us a weekend will be tough but I believe it can be possible.As you can already imagine if this is going to happen it will take a HUGE turnout to keep the$$$ factor low.I know the midwest and west coast guys probably don't like the location however this (if it happens)would be simply awesome ....just think....camping....at night, and driving our cars on a road course during the day.I might be a minority here but I would much rather drive my car on a roadcourse than just a drag strip,however the front stretch is long enough for one:D

·
Registered
557 Posts
countach....do you HEAR me on this,since you probably are the closest to the track and probably raced on it once before,you would play a hugh role in making this happen:)

·
Bostig.com
644 Posts
Connecticut isn't central enough to rest of the US.
One of the best places would probably be St. Louis.
Big City, Huge Accomodations, Gateway International Raceway just across the border into Illinois.

Lorne

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
No, I wouldn't..

"CENTRAL".. think "CENTRAL"..

sure, you might live there, and its close to you.. but think about everyone west of the Mississippi.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts